PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-02-2020, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmercylife View Post
This is an amazing build. I'm doing my own 1:48 scale and I've only just now realised how much was missing from the Lower Hudson Valley's version, especially with the S-II stage. A bit of extra printing to do! I also realised way too late that there was only one set of sway markings, so I guess I'll be covering up the other one with a strip of white paper xD

But your build quality far exceeds mine, you're an inspiration to us all.
Thank you pharmercylife for your kind words of encouragement. Much appreciated

Regards

Kevin
ps sent you a PM

Last edited by Algebraist; 02-02-2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 02-02-2020, 01:49 PM

Parts for 1:48 Instrument Unit

Quote:
BTW, you mentioned far back you had the PDFs for the S-IVB IU. Can you please share them, as I'd like to have that addition to mine as well =D
I have put the parts for the IU I made along with instructions in into a pdf. It is at 1:4 scale in A4 format but can be used on any model of the Saturn V that does not have the IU included.

I am happy to give them to the paper modelling community for personal use and am happy to have them on this site and John Leslie's site (if they want them). However I do not know how to do this (apologies if this is not allowed) so does anyone have any advice on this please.

Regards

Kevin
Old 02-03-2020, 12:46 AM

1:48 IU parts not 1:4

In the above post the scale should say 1:48 rather than 1:4

Apologies for the mistake

Kevin
Old 02-03-2020, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebraist View Post
In the above post the scale should say 1:48 rather than 1:4

Apologies for the mistake

Kevin
Wow! I was getting ready to try making a 1:4 scale Saturn V rocket!

I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind that.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Algebraist check your email. I sent the file.

Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfduke View Post
Algebraist check your email. I sent the file.

Enjoy!
Had a look but no file from you surfduke.
Sorry

Kevin
Old 02-04-2020, 06:26 AM

Please resend your emails address via PM.

I'll resend then.

Fly Safe!
Old 02-15-2020, 01:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.25 MB
Some help for others =D

Hi Algebraist! Thanks again for the IU parts. I've finished the S-II stage, barring some missing extra pieces which I forgot to put on the first time round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebraist View Post
Then there is this part

Attachment 399223

I have no idea where this is supposed to represent and go. I anyone is able to tell me I would be very grateful.

I read this was trying to work this out, because I'm not sure if it had been answered yet. I think, and I heavily think, that this piece goes over that yellow rectangle in the S-II engine cluster, next to the electrical boxes A and B. I'm not 100% sure. I'm not even 50% sure. But what the heck, right? If someone else actually knows the answer, please let me know. xD

Moving on though to the S-IVB Stage:

I noticed with comparing to the images on Apollo Maniacs that there's still parts missing from the S-IVB Stage. These include the LH2 Chilldown Return Line Fairings and the LH2/O2 Burner feedline fairings. I basically copied out parts 45-48 (the original LH2 feedline fairing) four times and resized them down. Two at 75% for the Chill down Return line fairings and then 50% for the LH2/O2 feedline fairings. I'll try and put the extra ones on my model. It's a good approximation since I don't have the exact numbers.

I've also made the forward skirt and aft skirt umbilical connectors and also copied your idea for a table to make the square systems tunnel. The black top isn't angled but I'm sure that's not a problem for people to eyeball and cut out themselves. I hope its the right size though....

I have made up some new parts and supplied them here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L3...ZOvDznjSk5Uhrf

I'll also need to make up the Range Safety and Telemetry Antennas (I could probably just stack a couple squares of thick cardboard and that'll do it) as well as the Skirt Vents

With the IU Stage, I'll design up some of the antenna shrouds to add some extra detail. I'll post some links for everyone once they're done. Whether I want to do the details on the inside is another matter.....
Old 02-17-2020, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 102.25 MB
Quote:
Hi Algebraist! Thanks again for the IU parts. I've finished the S-II stage, barring some missing extra pieces which I forgot to put on the first time round.

I read this was trying to work this out, because I'm not sure if it had been answered yet. I think, and I heavily think, that this piece goes over that yellow rectangle in the S-II engine cluster, next to the electrical boxes A and B. I'm not 100% sure. I'm not even 50% sure. But what the heck, right? If someone else actually knows the answer, please let me know. xD

Moving on though to the S-IVB Stage:

I noticed with comparing to the images on Apollo Maniacs that there's still parts missing from the S-IVB Stage. These include the LH2 Chilldown Return Line Fairings and the LH2/O2 Burner feedline fairings. I basically copied out parts 45-48 (the original LH2 feedline fairing) four times and resized them down. Two at 75% for the Chill down Return line fairings and then 50% for the LH2/O2 feedline fairings. I'll try and put the extra ones on my model. It's a good approximation since I don't have the exact numbers.

I've also made the forward skirt and aft skirt umbilical connectors and also copied your idea for a table to make the square systems tunnel. The black top isn't angled but I'm sure that's not a problem for people to eyeball and cut out themselves. I hope its the right size though....

I have made up some new parts and supplied them here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L3...ZOvDznjSk5Uhrf

I'll also need to make up the Range Safety and Telemetry Antennas (I could probably just stack a couple squares of thick cardboard and that'll do it) as well as the Skirt Vents

With the IU Stage, I'll design up some of the antenna shrouds to add some extra detail. I'll post some links for everyone once they're done. Whether I want to do the details on the inside is another matter.....

As an addendum, I've also edited the LH2 Fairings to be correctly sized. The LH2 Feed line Fairing in the update uploaded here is actually larger than the real fairing.

As you can see, the LH2 Feedline fairing doesn't actually go higher than the corrugated section of the main body, while the parts supplied do. I've shorted the fairing and made it slightly wider to match.

I'm also currently working on making the Aux Propulsion system more round and accurate, though that's a lot more difficult.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:36 AM

Hello kind sir.

I see you are progressing well. I saw the download you provided for the instrument ring. I have a vector drawing for that if you would like to update it from the lower rez. raster image. I just never published it. Let me know if you would like to use it.

Keep Going!!!

You Are Doing Fine work!!!

Tags
apollo, moon, rocket, saturn v