PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-23-2017, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios

Since it was never actually build maybe it's a moot point and I can do it as I want.

I think that's your answer right there Joe.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-d7s-gemini-rescue-photo.jpg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-jag-gemini-rescue-screen-shot.jpg  

Last edited by elliott; 12-23-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Edited for Spelling errors.
Google Adsense
Old 12-23-2017, 04:27 PM

Sorry for the post delete.

I am getting ready to build the Delta 7 Studios Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle. It will be my first compiled build in a few years and I am. Rey much looking forward to get back to paper modeling. I’ve just been lurking with the occassional support comment but desperately want to build and contribute.

The model is 1/24 scale. I have enlarged to 1\16 scale . This way the parts will fit on each sheet without having to piece them together. I have ordered my paper of choice, Epson Ultra Premium Matte photopaper in 19" x 13". It will arrive next week and I can start printing. I have already imported the parts pages into Adobe Illustrator and performed the enlargement.

I do ask for some advice though. The picture of the completed model on the D7S site shows the rear portion as being very red in color while the thruster boxes have an orange tinge to them. However, the model pages for those rear parts show them as decidedly orange. Which should I’d be? Red or orange? I am thinking I should just import those two parts into Photoshop and up them to red. Since this vehicle was never actually built I figure I can call it How I want.

thoughts/input on this from anyone in the group or who has built this. I will say the color from my screen to what comes out of my printer is a very good match so I know it’s not a monitor/file issue.

Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-c9fecec4-61ce-44dd-bccc-3755bd8de43f.jpg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-e8e14591-3f30-418a-b8ef-8f08913a3a1a.jpg  
Old 12-23-2017, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
It was most decidedly orange when I built one a few years back. It's tucked in to the right of the Redstone in the center of the photo:

Old 12-23-2017, 11:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 72.31 MB
It would have been "International Orange" the same color as the bell x-1
International Orange
(Aerospace)
#FF4F00
#FF4F00
There are 3 versions of international orange, but you want the aerospace one...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_orange
Old 12-24-2017, 05:44 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you Becky and Maltedfalcon, big help.
I guess I’ll stay with the international aerospace orange.
Have bookmarked that page for future reference.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:40 PM

The paper arrived and I’ve made the enlarged prints, 5 pages total with a few spare parts placed on the pages just in case.

This is going to be a rather large and long model when completed. I’d guess about 18". The paper is heavy but I will have to strengthen the main body ( red cylinder ). Not sure if I’ll glue it to another sheet, or just let another sheet unroll inside the cylinder. I’ll decide when I get to that part.

Sure that it took a lot of ink to print those orange/red cylinder and capsule parts but it looks great. I’ve used remanufactured ink cartridges since buying the printer and they work perfectly and the cost is low.

My thoughtful wife gave me some new knives for Christmas since all but one of my others have disappeared like socks in a dryer. She listens to my pleas!

I guess next up is starting to cut and build. My work area is in the basement and it’s more than cold right now since I’m in the upper Northeast US. I’ve ordered a smaller cutting mat I can use upstairs in the living room to cut and build most of this on. When it gets to the larger cylinder I’ll just have to brave the cold basement.

Chomping at the bit!
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-e3a1cd66-3b07-4570-8ce2-63a15f7cded3.jpg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-aee9e72b-9359-4a1a-9fcf-6f34644d9a7b.jpg  
Old 01-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Will enjoy watching this come together.

Wyvern
Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Should be a fun build to watch.

And if your other X-acto knives have gone missing, be careful where you sit....
Old 01-18-2018, 12:24 PM

Despite the build order in the instructions, I will do it as I wish.
Started with some very easy parts, engine and engine bylkhead.
The first photo shows the odd tabs spaced around the bulkhead. These seem like they would be difficult to work with and possibly cause bumps on the body so I eliminated them. I’ll attach the bulkhead (when the time comes) using a more sure method that will be more secure and help maintain the round shape of the body.

JoeG
Attached Thumbnails
Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-e4e155f8-ffb5-459a-8167-5f72b3919eca.jpeg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-5d3ba2fe-5dff-4313-9420-01b39fc3d16e.jpeg   Blue Gemini Rescue Vehicle - Delta 7 Studios-1f78e5b4-edd4-46c1-b9ae-e0b2d33fe821.jpeg  
Old 01-18-2018, 01:42 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
This another on a long list of models I've been thinking about buying. I'll be looking at this build with interest. Thank you for sharing. wc
Google Adsense