PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Michael, I'm not to good at building models without instructions. Even with I still stink. Besides all that, any idea if and when instructions for the car will be available? wc
Old 02-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
WC: Ther are many pics on the side by Alfonso, so you can see the way to build....I think, the manual comes soon...

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 02-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Alphonso, I think that you have done an exceptional job in designing and making these models. I have built a few of them for friends (as gifts) and I have never had any problems or issues with any of them. As for the layout, it makes sense the way that you do it. So, by all means please continue to keeping up the GREAT WORK!!!
I look forward to seeing more of your work!!!
Thank you once again for all that you do!!!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
The engine of the second stage
Attached Thumbnails
An actually project: Falcon Heavy and Tesla Roadster-dscf7863.jpg   An actually project: Falcon Heavy and Tesla Roadster-dscf7864.jpg   An actually project: Falcon Heavy and Tesla Roadster-dscf7865.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Old 02-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Thank you for a great model, Alfonso, and free, too!
Like the layout by section.

JoeG
Old 02-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomCruiser View Post
I certainly appreciate your work Alphonso! I can see AirDave's point, but I find it hard to complain about your excellent craftsmanship when the model is free.
I didn't complain about "excellent craftmanship"!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't assume or imply that I did.
In fact, I even commented positively on the artwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61
To Airdave,
I am the guy who has been arranging these files since I started doing models and I will continue doing so. There’s a reason why I layout these parts this way. I do it by sections. Sorry if you disagree.
And one more thing, please participate showing respect to others. I don’t tolerate it.
It’s a free model!!
I don't care whether a model is free or paid for...if there is something wrong with it,
the designer should be able to tolerate constructive criticism.

I design models too...in case you didn't know (or care).
And I put a lot of effort into considering the builder of my models...EVEN WITH THE FREE MODELS!
The fact that you suggested I am not showing respect to you or anyone else here, is the reason you're getting a response.
I DON'T HAVE TO TOLERATE THAT.

One thing I will never do is put one or two small parts on a page and ask the builder to waste their expensive cardstock.
Thats what I originally meant to say, but I tried to be respectful.

I try very hard to keep page count to a minimum, even while grouping parts into sections.
I consider that a little bit of "respect" for the person who downloads my models...even the free ones.

If you can't handle constructive criticism...well I have nothing else to say.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
By the way, for those of you who have a problem extra cardstock, here is an idea on what to do with it (besides throwing it in the bin).
Grind it up into a powder and mix it with your favorite white glue and make paper putty for filling gaps or making contours. Back in 2013, I posted a tutorial on how to do it. Here is the link:
Paper putty

Before any of you jump on the bandwagon about cellulose fiber that you can buy at the store for this, I already know. I made this tutorial for those who cannot afford it or who have extra cardstock that they do not know what to do with.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
Airdave,

From a designer to a colleague designer, I do accept constructive criticism and I thank you for that. Your point is well taken. Moving forward I will consider your suggestions in improving the layouts on future projects.

We are using this platform as social media, and whatever we put in social media will stay with us in a negative or positive way. I am not here to make enemies, but only to make friends. We have one thing in common and that is to design or build models.

I wanted to retract what I said on my last reply. But please, call me by my first name, Alfonso.

Now let’s continue with Michael’s thread. This is his place.
Regards.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by axm61 View Post
airdave,

from a designer to a colleague designer, i do accept constructive criticism and i thank you for that. Your point is well taken. Moving forward i will consider your suggestions in improving the layouts on future projects.

We are using this platform as social media, and whatever we put in social media will stay with us in a negative or positive way. I am not here to make enemies, but only to make friends. We have one thing in common and that is to design or build models.

I wanted to retract what i said on my last reply. But please, call me by my first name, alfonso.

now let’s continue with michael’s thread. This is his place.
Regards.
well said...thanks
Old 02-09-2018, 06:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Greetings guys, interesting discussion have created, both points of view are valid. I understand the designer's annoyance when reading the post of airdave, spend hours researching, designing, putting so that anyone can download it for free and read the post to anyone bothering. I also understand the other voice, an example I do not have a printer, to print I have to resort to a copy center where each sheet or card costs 1 dollar and the paper is 85grs, on thicker paper the cost is doubled or tripled, so for this model here in Argentina the cost would be 42 dollars of cards made in a paper agreed. As you see here until the free has a high cost, 42 dollars here is more or less the rate of electric service of a month. I think that a that's what airdave refers to, to economize as much as possible, although I think he said it not in the best way, but then praises Alfonso's work. Very admirable and generous work that I value and thank as many colleagues as a business model. It is practically out of our reach. Boys enjoy the hobby that makes such good times happen to us.
Google Adsense