PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-10-2018, 01:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Sorry Thales, I was thinking of The Terran Trade Authority ships. John Berkey was always so complex, I don't know if he could be translated into 3 dimensions.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:51 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Well, since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
I'm not sure what to design next. But now would be about the right time to figure it out and begin collecting reference images.

I wonder if the work that you did on this would pave the way for something like, oh...

"Two rings will warp them all..."
Attached Thumbnails
IXS Enterprise - 1/144-s-l1600-1.jpg   IXS Enterprise - 1/144-s-l1600-2.jpg   IXS Enterprise - 1/144-s-l1600-3.jpg   IXS Enterprise - 1/144-s-l1600-4.jpg   IXS Enterprise - 1/144-s-l1600.jpg  

Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I generally present in a partially self-deprecating manner and I do love painting odd word-pictures.

I'm not sure what to design next. But now would be about the right time to figure it out and begin collecting reference images.

An idea I've been throwing around for a while is one of John Berkey's paintings as a model, but I don't think I have quite enough experience yet. Other ideas I've had are the narcissus from the matrix, b5 ships, the princess cecile from the RCN novels, more Honorverse ships, the Hermes from the martian, or a high quality Tantive IV. In general I want to stick with scifi topics that are 1.5-5ft long. Maybe I will start leafing through some scifi concept art galleries for ideas.
The Hermes from The Martian sounds interesting and challenging.

What about the space station from 2001 (if you like rings)?

You IXS Enterprise is coming on great.

Regards

Kevin
Old 04-11-2018, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 498.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
I wonder if the work that you did on this would pave the way for something like, oh...
"Two rings will warp them all..."
I have thought about that, but my gut instinct is that getting the structural component [read: it shouldn't be floppy or bendy] of that model to work in paper would be incredibly difficult. Maybe it'd work with dowels or rods strategically placed.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebraist View Post
The Hermes from The Martian sounds interesting and challenging.
What about the space station from 2001 (if you like rings)?
You IXS Enterprise is coming on great.
I think it was Uhu that already did the station from 2001... and I want to do something that hasn't been done so far, or that hasn't been done well so far.

I think the Hermes would be a project on par with doing the ISS or something of similar complexity.
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2018, 06:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
While Michael Grosberg offers an excellent Rocinante from "The Expanse," I don't believe he's planning to design any remaining ships from the show. Personally, I'd like to see a Canterbury or Donnager or Arboghast.

But with your fine skills, I'm sure most of us will take whatever you give us....
Old 04-11-2018, 09:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
Or the hero ship, XB982 from Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Or The Raza from Dark Matter. Or the Lucy from Killjoys. Nell from Battle Beyond the Stars. Or any ship from BBTS, for that matter.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Your design and build is fantastic! Here is my 2 cents. Might take you down memory lane. USS Palomino
Attached Thumbnails
IXS Enterprise - 1/144-u_s_s_palomino_blueprint.jpg   IXS Enterprise - 1/144-u_s_s_palomino_original_miniature_01.jpg   IXS Enterprise - 1/144-u_s_s_palomino_original_miniature_02.jpg  
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinKC46 View Post
Or the hero ship, XB982 from Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Or The Raza from Dark Matter. Or the Lucy from Killjoys. Nell from Battle Beyond the Stars. Or any ship from BBTS, for that matter.
I've thought of the Raza as it'd be a great choice if I can get my eyes to properly interpret the 3-plan images. Overall it has a number of similarities to the Prometheus from the recent aliens movie.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Your design and build is fantastic! Here is my 2 cents. Might take you down memory lane. USS Palomino
Yes. I remember that from the black hole. There was something else from that vintage that was a similar style and I'm trying to remember what it was....

[I am completely unable to concentrate today. It is like trying to... something... with that other thing I can't remember. You know, like that guy with the shoes, the face, the hat, and the stuff that did that thing.]
Google Adsense