PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-08-2021, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 592.55 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
Craft, please, firstly and foremost: do not look a gift horse in the mouth.
Alfonso has taken an awful lot of time researching and detailing all of his models. And he offers them for free. Maybe it is not according to your desired level of detail, but if you can do better, then please amaze us with your talents.
Now hear me out.
Scale 1/100 means: not only is the model 1/100th of the original size, but also (and very important): when you have the model in your hand and hold it at an arm length distance, that too is as if it was a 100 times further away.
Now, how much detail do you see on a shuttle when you are standing more than a hundered meters away from it? Actually, it isn't that much. You won't be able to discern every single tile. Keep that in mind.

Most, if not all, plastic models are hopelessly under-detailed. The detail on most paper models is many times more accurate and precise than on many a plastic equivalent.
Be happy there are lots of free models available. Don't complain about detail. If possible, make it yourself. Like we all do. Because we can.

now I can humbly answer this message: you are absolutely right. The model is excellent, it does not need any additions to look better.
After the hard effort of having them in my hands, I am not complaining ... and I will consider from now on not being so "perfectionist" for unnecessary or minor details.
(my axm models)
AXM Space Shuttle: all missions done !!!

Thanks for the lesson.

Tags
1:100 space shuttle