PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > > >

Old 04-12-2018, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Woow great work, after I'm finished I was planning on scaling up Alfonso's tile pattern on the bottom and if I feel like it I'm going to cut them all out separately and glue them to the bottom. For the nose I'm going to draw a new cover I can glue on to the nose, and like the belly I may cut these tiles out separately and glue them to the nose. I don't want to redo the files since Inkscape has crashed on me a lot of times in the past day's because the shuttle files are quite detailed.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 182.23 MB
I followed Alfonso's, (AXM61) suggestion and copied his tiles onto Fortezza's parts. Here are repainted part 5-8 body flap, parts 5-10 elevon (left and right), and parts 5-11 elevon (left and right). I still have to work on the nose part 1-1, left and right wings part 6-1 and 7-1 and engine block page 8. Thank you Alfonso for you suggestion.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf elevons part5-8 5-10 5-11 1-100scale5.pdf (494.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-21-2018, 11:09 AM

Here is the nose (part 1-1) with the right side tiles flipped over onto the left so the tiles form a chevron pattern instead of a straight line from upper right to lower left. Both the left and right are merged into a single piece that you can cut and paste onto your model like a decal.

The wings are next.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nose part1-1 1-100 scale.pdf (235.8 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:45 PM

If you are just going to paste the new tile patterns on an completed model like decals, then here are the wings. The engine block will take a couple more days and that will be the last piece where the tile pattern on the left is a mirror of the tile pattern on the right (Chevron pattern) instead of running in only one direction.

I am going to lighten all of the tiles so the darker replacement tiles will show as in AXM's (Alfonso) model for whoever wants to cut off the parts with the old tile pattern and replace them with parts with the revised chevron patterns or completely build a new model. I hope to have those new parts ready for printing in a couple of weeks and post them in the download section.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf both wings 1-100scale.pdf (285.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 05-02-2018, 09:31 AM

Finally, the tiles for the engine block (page 8) which you can paste on your model like a decal. I'm sorry it took a lot longer than I estimated. On the other hand, the tiles on belly (part 4-1) and the engine block (page 8) should now align with each other. If you paint the edges black, you should be able to hide the seam where part 4-1 and page 8 meet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf engine block 1-100 scale.pdf (170.8 KB, 24 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 05-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for all the work, I will definitely put them on the shuttle.

Tags
1:100 space shuttle