PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 07-14-2009, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 50.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemodeler7 View Post
hey i had my saturn v from greelt positioned like that...only i was too scared of the big model and scaled it down to 1:48. you're so lucky you live near those places. you got me jealous
It's a blessing to be so close to NASA...and your model looks really clean and very cool! But I thought the Greelt model was in 1:48. Did you mean you scaled it down to 1:96? If so, then I am really impressed. One day if Greelt returns to finish his Saturn V, I intend to build it at 1:96 also. That's one of the reasons I'm building the F1...practice makes perfect, right?
Last Build - 1:48 F1 Engine
Current Build - Mammoth Tank (Scale unknown)
Next Build - P-3 Orion (VQ-1 livery)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks Gideon! oh i mean't i scaled it from 1:48 to 1:96 :P but it looks so cool...especially after adding stringers on the sides. I know he has already released the interstage and the j2 engines for the second stage...his models are magnifiscent. i can't wait to see the rest of the model
Old 07-14-2009, 04:10 PM

Gideon, looks great. So glad to so you doing a build report. This is one great model. Here is a pic of one I did a few years back, edge colored and clear coated. Keep up the great work. My best.
Attached Thumbnails
Greelt 1:48 F1 Engine Build-my-av.jpg  
Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 PM

Stalker,

Fantastic looking model and well worthy of being an avatar! I always want to edge color but I'm so afraid of bleeding. What do you use? I've heard good things about Faber-Castell Pitt markers but I'm still afraid...
Old 07-14-2009, 09:14 PM

Gideon, those Pitt markers work! I didn't believe it, but picked up a small pack at Hobby Lobby and tested them, and couldn't believe it - no bleeding:D:D. Then I went for the huge pack from Dick Blick. You won't be sorry at all, try a test pack of grey and black ones if you get a chance!! That's pretty much all I use now, and a little acrylic paint too now and then on wire and stuff.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
Gideon, those Pitt markers work! I didn't believe it, but picked up a small pack at Hobby Lobby and tested them, and couldn't believe it - no bleeding:D:D. Then I went for the huge pack from Dick Blick. You won't be sorry at all, try a test pack of grey and black ones if you get a chance!! That's pretty much all I use now, and a little acrylic paint too now and then on wire and stuff.
I live very close to a Hobby Lobby! I think I will do that very, very soon then! Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by Gideon; 07-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 AM

I had the opportunity to work a little last night, so here's what we've got...

The first pic is of step 13 cut out, the second is step 13 completed and the third is step 14 completed. The fourth and fifth are step 15 in progress. The fourth is part 22 cut out and the fifth is the same part assembled.

Notes - In my first attempt at gluing parts 20 and 21 together, I applied the glue to the tabs of part 21. This made it very difficult to insert it and align it in part 20 before the glue started drying. I found it much easier to glue the inside of part 21 the next time around. When gluing part 20/21 to part 17/18, I first glued 20/21 to part 17 and allowed it to dry, then I simply bent part 17 down so I could apply glue to the other end of 20/21 and pressed that against part 18 until dry...viola!

Not much progress but step 13 was more tedious than I thought it would be. And I gotta run out and get some Pitt pens to finish up those white edges...yuck!

Tune in later for more...
Attached Thumbnails
Greelt 1:48 F1 Engine Build-26-small.jpg   Greelt 1:48 F1 Engine Build-27-small.jpg   Greelt 1:48 F1 Engine Build-28-small.jpg   Greelt 1:48 F1 Engine Build-29-small.jpg   Greelt 1:48 F1 Engine Build-30-small.jpg  

Last edited by Gideon; 07-15-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee4752 View Post
U mean it used to be bigger than 1:48?? it would have to have its own zip code.
You just made my day.... i laughed myself of the seat with this remark.. Thanks :D
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
I had the opportunity to work a little last night, so here's what we've got...
Has per the rest.... Great clean and accurate work from you and look forward to the next step The other guys work shown is also magnificent - top marks guys
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Does anyone know how far along Greelt has gone with the rest of the detailing on the full Sat V stack, (I've been out of the loop awhile)?

Carl
Google Adsense