PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
You're bad Becky...
Old 05-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.34 GB
1-24 would be a little much I think...I know that I would like to have room to move around in my home...
Old 05-06-2018, 03:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckychestney View Post
Any plans to upgrade to 1:24?
I have never really thought about that Becky (err cough cough) but now you mention it ... absolutely NO WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
You're bad Becky...
Absolutely Elliott!

Regards (I have tried my first ever smilie here. I don't know if there is some rule somewhere as to what they mean but my intention is my comment intended as a bit of fun)

Kevin
Old 05-15-2018, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
If you even attempt to make a LUT in 1/24th scale. Plan on making a working crawler to go with it. Thats off the charts!
Old 02-20-2020, 02:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 60.55 MB
Finished dimensions of 1:96 LUT

Hi all, my first post here!

I'm trying to plan ahead for when my 1:96 Educraft LUT and Saturn V rocket are done, they will need a display case. So I need to know the dimensions of the whole thing when it's finished.

I've already started on the base of the LUT so I know the case would need to be roughly 23 X 28 inches at the base. But what is the height of the LUT going to be when completed?

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter!
Google Adsense
Old 02-28-2020, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via ICQ to truckmen
I too, recently received my 1/100th scale MLP and LUT and am very dissatisfied with the quality of the images as well as the so-called 60lb paper. I'll post photos of mine later next week when I get back home.
I also will contact the seller.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 298.63 MB
For those interested, Ive just completed a 1/96 Edu-Craft LUT and crawler. To answer some questions, the finished height of the tower is about 5'. The crawler will add an additional 3". The base is about 21" x 17". I have found that much of the paper had to be strengthened, by adding foam board, or thin wood slats. The swing arms I had to have re-copied onto card stock. I was able to mix some paint to match the tower color so I was able to cover the cracks made in folding. And yes some of the instructions are a bit hard to follow, but I made it through and Dave was willing to answer questions. I'll have to contact him again as most of the swing arm umbilicals do not make contact with my 1/96 Saturn V. The tower took about 10 months to build, the crawler, at least two. I am still working on cutaway views and making the swing arms connect. Then comes the big trick. Getting it out of the basement - intact.
Attached Thumbnails
Educraft LUT 1-96 & 1-144 Scale Kits-1_96-lut.jpg  
Old 02-28-2020, 07:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 60.55 MB
Appreciate the answers, but I'm consterned now. My base is exactly 27-5/16 X 22-1/2 . Not sure how I could be getting such a wildly different size if it's the same kit. I'm also seeking something more accurate than "about 5' " for the finished height, since I'm trying to plan building an enclosure for it; perhaps I should have been more specific.

I certainly agree about strengthening the panels! For my base I am re-using the 11/16 thick cardboard packing from my new television stand.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth-tech View Post
For those interested, Ive just completed a 1/96 Edu-Craft LUT and crawler. To answer some questions, the finished height of the tower is about 5'. The crawler will add an additional 3". The base is about 21" x 17". I have found that much of the paper had to be strengthened, by adding foam board, or thin wood slats. The swing arms I had to have re-copied onto card stock. I was able to mix some paint to match the tower color so I was able to cover the cracks made in folding. And yes some of the instructions are a bit hard to follow, but I made it through and Dave was willing to answer questions. I'll have to contact him again as most of the swing arm umbilicals do not make contact with my 1/96 Saturn V. The tower took about 10 months to build, the crawler, at least two. I am still working on cutaway views and making the swing arms connect. Then comes the big trick. Getting it out of the basement - intact.

Oh! That is gorgeous!
Old 02-28-2020, 09:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 298.63 MB
Thank you Becky. It will look even better when its finished, assuming I don't destroy it getting it out of my basement in one piece. I'm hoping to donate it to a museum so all can enjoy it. I occasionally take pictures with scale model people to truly impress people on the immensity of this project.

Don't know what to tell you Putergirl. I rechecked my measurements. Height 59". Length 20 1/4", width 17". Checked the educraft site and dimensions weren't listed. Be interesting to find out why the difference. I can only say that my 1/96 rocket seemed a good fit. Small differences here and there.
Google Adsense