PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-24-2018, 06:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.34 GB
Educraft LUT 1-96 & 1-144 Scale Kits

Hello all... It has been awhile since mk posted his build report on the 1-96 Apollo LUT kit and it's issues. Has anyone built one lately and have the problems encountered with the kit (poor print quality, fit etc) been addressed and corrected ? Is the 1-144 scale kit really better than the larger scales ? I would like to do the larger scale but would settle for a better kit if the 1-144 was indeed better quality. My goal is to build 500F, SA-506, Skylab 1 and ASTP on the luts. Any suggestions and insight is most appreciated before I go spending dollars on the kits. I have viewed the online pics on the Educraft website but they don't show high detail shots. Thanks for the help in advance... Bob
Google Adsense
Old 04-25-2018, 02:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 228.85 MB
Hi Bob
It is allways the same kit. I started building last weekend. The 1:96 version is the same as the 1:144 ..... only up scale.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the reply Helmut....are you building the 1-144 or the 1-96 scale kit ? May I ask how it looks to you print wise ? So if I understand correctly, the kits have remained the same over the years ? Can you post here any pics of what the model sheets look like?
Old 04-27-2018, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.64 MB
The 1/144th kit is the base, for the 1/96th. The 1/96th scale prints look a little blurry compared to 1/144. IMO both kits need heavy modification if you want a better result than just stock. Check my thread, or I can try and answer any questions you have here.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:49 PM

Hi Bob

You can also see photos of the latest pages here.

LUT(Launch Umbilical Tower)-Der Startturm der Saturn V, gebaut von Holzkopf

Maybe I will report on my construction .... but I have problems with english language
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2018, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
I also am getting ready to start building the 1/144 version. At the moment I'm reading the instruction. I don't know about others but for me, the instruction is just a little hard to understand. Some parts I have to read more than once to get what is being said. I'm sure the tower structure will have to be strengthened to help keep the structures sturdy. There are a lot of parts to keep track of.

There one thing for sure this is not an overnight build. I can see months of building. If you start you are in for a long haul.

I have written the guy that makes this kit available about make this kit in 1/200 scale to go along with the AMT Man in Space kit. He says he might. Maybe if more would write hem for a 1/200 size he might see the need for it and do it.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Hi spacecraftcreator.

I wonder if you have seen the thread by mk310149 ( LUT from Edu-Craft ). If not, you may find it worthwhile reading the first 10 or so posts, in particular post 10 by NYC Irishman.

I recently bought the 1/144 scale LUT. Looking at the parts closely you can see the square "pixels". I think that when built you will see it if you look for it but if it is just an overall supporting role for a 1/44 Saturn V and you are mostly looking at the rocket then it will look fine (that is what I am hoping!). To clarify I have not built it yet.

Regards

Kevin
Old 04-28-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebraist View Post
I think that when built you will see it if you look for it but if it is just an overall supporting role for a 1/44 Saturn V and you are mostly looking at the rocket then it will look fine (that is what I am hoping!).
Hi Kevin, that's how I see it too. I build it in 1: 100. however, I make a few small changes. I am satisfied, will be more beautiful than expected.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:12 PM

Thank you everyone for your input and help. I am going to order and try the 1-144 scale LUT kit as a starting point. I appreciate the advice..... Bob
Old 04-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebraist View Post
Hi spacecraftcreator.

I recently bought the 1/144 scale LUT. Looking at the parts closely you can see the square "pixels". I think that when built you will see it if you look for it but if it is just an overall supporting role for a 1/44 Saturn V and you are mostly looking at the rocket then it will look fine (that is what I am hoping!). To clarify I have not built it yet.

Regards

Kevin
Any plans to upgrade to 1:24?
Google Adsense