PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 05-17-2018, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....

Still LOTS of work to do (scratchbuilding all the plumbing and Sound Suppression System and rainbirds, adding the Side 1 decks, canopies and railings, scratching the SRB hold-down posts, touch-up, etc.) but here's what Alfonso's MLP looks like in 1/288h scale. I added a few scratchbuilt details.

I still need to figure out what might replicate the catwalk railings in this scale. Suggestions are welcome.

That said, don't expect Manfred's level of detail. It is 1/288th scale, after all....

When it is done (along with Alfonso's Crawler/Transporter) my build of his STS-1 will sit on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6789.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-17-2018, 02:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
You've set yourself quite a task David, especially at that scale. Looking forward to seeing you pull it off. No doubts here!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 228.85 MB
wouw, fantastic
I'm looking forward to the next pictures
Old 05-21-2018, 03:49 AM

Got sides 1, 2 and 4 plumbed, and the decks, canopies and railings installed on Side 1. Don't know if you can tell it from the photos, but I cut out the railings and installed ones made from thin strips of gray paper so they are, indeed, railings instead of solid pieces. Even in 1/288th, it looks pretty decent in person.

Next, I'll work on the Sound Suppression System on top, and add some detail to the Tail Service Masts.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6792.jpg   Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6796.jpg  
Old 05-21-2018, 05:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
terrific work, and that in this scale!

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Google Adsense
Old 05-23-2018, 03:23 AM

Still some touch-up left to do, and it's not built to Manfred's MLP's level of detail, but for 1/288th scale, I'm calling it pretty much done. Once I figure a good way to secure the Shuttle Stack on it, I'll post photos.

Next up will be the Crawler/Transporter, but I'll probably wait until late summer to start it. Next month we're heading back to the U.S. for a few weeks, and while there I need to find something I can use to replicate the railing on the the C/T's catwalks. And the C/T has a lot of catwalks.

Alfonso's models are fun builds and while they are chock-full of details, they lend themselves to adding more detail if you want to go that route.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6805.jpg   Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6803.jpg   Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6802.jpg   Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6800.jpg  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:30 AM

The Stack isn't secured, but I got it to sit upright for a couple of photos....
Attached Thumbnails
Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6808.jpg   Preview of coming attractions, Part 2....-img_6807.jpg  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 228.85 MB
Hi David
I am excited, I like it very much..
Old 05-23-2018, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
Still some touch-up left to do, and it's not built to Manfred's MLP's level of detail, but for 1/288th scale, I'm calling it pretty much done. Once I figure a good way to secure the Shuttle Stack on it, I'll post photos.

Next up will be the Crawler/Transporter, but I'll probably wait until late summer to start it. Next month we're heading back to the U.S. for a few weeks, and while there I need to find something I can use to replicate the railing on the the C/T's catwalks. And the C/T has a lot of catwalks.

Alfonso's models are fun builds and while they are chock-full of details, they lend themselves to adding more detail if you want to go that route.
Hi David,
it has become a really awesome MLP.

At first glance at the Thumbnails, I thought it might be my MLP.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerunner View Post
Hi David,
it has become a really awesome MLP.

At first glance at the Thumbnails, I thought it might be my MLP.

You're too kind. I borrowed heavily from your research for details on the plumbing, so I'm indebted to you....
Google Adsense