PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-20-2019, 09:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Radarsat Constellation RCM

For a bit over two months now I've been working on Canada's 3rd generation Radarsat, a constellation of 3 satellites (RCM). I got interested in RCM as I gathered research evidence on other satellites and found some nice cleanroom shots from CSA and Bristol Aerospace, a division of MAC (Magellan Aerospace Corporation). A couple interesting things about RCM, includes its three equidistant sun synchronous orbit launched from a single SpaceX Falcon scheduled for this coming February.

After getting in touch with PR liaisons from MAC and CSA, I made two models; one for kids and one for modelers. I'm working on directions and final tweaks now. I'm hopeful that I might be able to publish my models through the CSA - with copies on here of course. Here's my prototypes, in 1:25 scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1478.jpg   Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1487.jpg   Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1488.jpg   Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1489.jpg   Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1504.jpg  

Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1505.jpg   Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1510.jpg   Radarsat Constellation RCM-img_1511.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-21-2019, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Very nice. Best of luck publishing them.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
This was a fun little diversion for me to design. In all it took about 7 weeks from initial research to prototyping and approval. Way faster than anything else I’ve designed. I was lucky to have some support from the Canadian Space Agency and MDA who was contracted to build the satellites. They provided some crucial dimensions from initial proposals and proofed my drafts. I’m hopeful that they will find some use from the copies I provided, especially the “Kids” version. Maybe it will lead to more collaborations in the future.

In the meanwhile, both the kids and advanced models are now available to download here! Please give them a look. You’ll find some challenging bits (launch ring) and some easy bits too. As more experienced and better designers than I have said, “Enjoy your builds! Share your pics and tell me what you liked and didn’t!”
Old 02-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Very nice Scot. Thank you!