PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-26-2019, 02:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Please post pictures and reviews of my models.

Hello group,

In order to be able to make a decent model, I need to know what YOU guys think of it AND show me what the model looks like !
Since I design the models, I know exactly where to cut and fold the parts, how to glue them and in which order. I try to convey
that information through my instructions, but since they can be a project in and of themselves, I have to keep them as basic, yet
as informative as possible.
And as far as colors are concerned...... Well.... That can be a totally different conversation.

The type and brand of the ink, the type of paper, the thickness and other factors all may influence the final result. You can understand
it's impossible for me to give a model the correct colors, since they may be different for every modeler who prints them, at home.....
Therefor I ask you to please post pictures of my models, no matter how old they are, and add a short review of the problems you
had during the build.
What are the issues, the problems you had. Comments such as "Nice model", or "Parts fit well" are - understandably - not helpful.
I need (detailed) info about problems or issues you had with the model. If you have ideas for improvement, please let me know.

I also need pictures of my models that you have built. I need to see the colors and the overall appearance of the model. Ofcourse
I can never make an accurate judgement of the colors on your model, looking at my screen, but with the experience I have, at least
I can have a pretty good idea if my choice of colors came close enough to the end result I had in mind.

Don't be gentle. Do not hold back. If it's bad it's bad and I need to know.
TELL me ! ;-)

Looking forward to your reviews and pictures !!

_______
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2019, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
For those of us that seem to be lacking in the proper knowledge,
you should post links to your models, your website, or wherever we have to go to get them?

*if you click on ETG (his member name) and click on "visit ETG's homepage" you get a link to his website.
I assume there are models there?
Old 01-26-2019, 04:58 PM

Hmmmm ... A link to my website.....
Might be a good idea. At least people will know which models I'm talking about !! ;-)

Sorry.

Here it is: www.ariespapermodels.nl

Pictures of any of my models are welcome, but especially the most recent ones are interesting to me :
- All VS-40 rockets
- Dauphin sounding rocket
- Ariane 6
- Delta rockets
- anything else I've designed...

I have been designing models since early 2000 and to this day I have received only 4 or 5 constructive comments.....
( quite literally just 4 or 5...!!) I know I made several mistakes, big ones and small ones, but without feedback, it may
take a very long time for me to find them, all by myself. I have made improvements on some models, but only because I
stumbled upon some flaws I missed, earlier.

Again, any constructive comment is welcome !!

Thanks.

_______

Erik

Last edited by rickstef; 01-26-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
I've built your Athena rocket, I quite liked it. Kiddo and I built the Athena 2 oversized for a science project (no pictures, it didn't survive the bus trip home too well). It wound up being around 18" tall.
The surviving Athena is in my photo gallery (Phantom's Phledgling Rocket Park)
Old 01-26-2019, 06:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETG View Post

Link is broken, you left out the "s"

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2019, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
It's been awhile since I've built any of Erik's excellent models. They are really well-designed and chock-full of detail. But here are some old photos. I no longer have the models in my possession.

(I may have had some photos on the other cardmodeling site, the one that morphed into the site that now begins with the letter "Z" and is run by some discourteous people. I bid them farewell; life is too short.)

I had some photos of Erik's models in a gallery on a Yahoo space modeling group page (under the name "istimirantstella") but it's been ages since I've logged in to Yahoo and now when I try to, it wants to send a verification code to two email addresses I no longer have. And when I do try and sign on, everything's in Arabic (I guess Yahoo makes assumptions because of where I live...) and I can't figure out how to change it.
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7876.jpg   Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7877.jpg   Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7878.jpg   Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7879.jpg   Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7880.jpg  

Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7881.jpg   Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-img_7882.jpg  

Last edited by dhanners; 01-26-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 MB
I'm going to try your Mercury-Redstone soon. I'll post how it turns out.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB

Your models are really excellent and fill many gaps in the paper rocket collection. Thank you very much sir. I am waiting for your new models and especially the Ariane 6.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:46 PM

Thank you all.
I'm getting a very good impression of the fit and especially the colors. I'm glad to see the colors are very close or identical to the ones on my
own models.
Colors are not too dark or too light or too greyish, where they shouldn't be.
Since I never had the luxury of having special software, I always had to use my calculator, some math knowledge, pen and paper and weird
techniques I am too ashamed of to share with you....... ;-)
And last week I accidentally discovered another useful function in my drawing program (PSP 6). All of this means my models will get a little
better, from now on.
Still, they will be nothing like the models some Polish companies are producing ! I once bought a large scale Space Shuttle for just pocket money.
Print quality is as good as it gets and the fit (I haven't build it yet) is also spot on, according to some forum reviews.
I can only dream of making such nice and accurate models.

Oh....David Hanners........ I asked for pictures of paper scale models, NOT the real rockets.....!!! ;-)

And if anyone has built or is building one or more VS-40 rockets, I really would like to see some pics.
Especially the blue ones, since those blue shades were quite difficult to give them the correct hue and shade. I think I came close but I would
like to know what came out of YOUR printers, at home ! ;-)

Thank you all again for the cooperation.

_______
Erik
Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 697.07 MB
Looked at your website and realized you are the one responsible for getting me into paper modeling! The very first paper model I ever built was your Mercury Redstone over a decade ago. My brother built your Jupiter-C/Juno 1 at the same time. We actually built them as part of my dad's Christmas gift that year. We went in together to get him the From the Earth to the Moon DVD set, and, rather than just have one gift from the both of us under the tree, we decided to build paper models of space race era rockets and wrap them up individually for him to open up before we gave him the DVD set. He thought it was great.

Anyway, some feedback from the Redstone build. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. Graphics were great, and it was an enjoyable first build. The only difficulty was forming the rocket body since it was so long and had a small diameter. I was using thicker cardstock, 65lb iirc. It's very helpful when designers state what paper weight the model is designed for, so I would recommend adding that info somewhere on your sheets. The only other comment I have is it would be nice to have a second sheet with a block of the escape tower color that lines up with the tower lattice if you print it on the backside of the main sheet. If you choose to cut out the lattice work, this would allow you to see color on the inside lattice and only deal with edge coloring.

My brother didn't have any major issues with the Juno 1 that I recall. It was his first paper model as well, and the instructions were clear enough to get him through it. The rocket body was much easier on that one since it was two pieces instead of one.

Here is a pic of the finished rockets. And yep, my dad still has them. They are displayed on his desk at work.
Attached Thumbnails
Please post pictures and reviews of my models.-1hjk6hn.jpg  
Google Adsense