PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 02-15-2019, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.98 GB
Sorry this happened to you. I agree with hdanners, place them on Ecardmodels. I willing to pay for those outstanding models. Now if only if Ecardmodels was operational.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Space is not an area of particular interest to me but I'm sad to see another skilled designer giving up due to the piracy situation. Life sucks I guess, but against a huge Chinese company like Alibaba, I can't offer any suggestions for retribution. They are reputed to be bigger than Amazon International now and rapidly expanding throughout the world using many different trade names.

Making your models available through Ecardmodels would keep them available to us and monetize them for you, but it won't solve the piracy problem. Both the Chinese and Russian pirates seem quite happy to buy in models that they can then copy for resale.

However, I feel I must point out to Erik that even if you have closed down everything under your control, your website is still available through the Wayback Machine and as far as I can tell the download links are still active. You may have to cancel the server hosting accounts and request that they are closed down completely.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:57 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Alice paper models is not related to AliExpress, unfortunately Alice uses Aliexpress and Ebay to sell his ill gotten goods.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-15-2019, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Thanks for all the support, guys !
Although my website no longer exists, I still want to finish at least two models: the Ariane 6 2019 Final Version, and the life-size Pioneer 4.
They can only be obtained via email (a PDF, with a personal, unique password for every receiver).
I may still draw on my computer, from time to time, but only for personal use. I shall visit this and other forums, but not very often.
I am an avid plastic model kit collector AND builder. With well over 750 kits I'd better start now and speed up the building process. I don't expect to live over 200 years old.

My models are just a small collection of what has been stolen. Many other designers have been robbed, as well. I wonder how they feel about it.
From this day on, every model they put online for free, will only fill the pockets of thieves on the other side of the world.........

_______
Erik

PS. Funny : when I came home from work, everything was okay and I was already preparing to work on some more models. At around 19:30 I found that Chinese website.
Within 5 minutes I mailed my account manager to remove my website. Just before 21:00 it was gone.........
And the weird thing is.... I did it all almost without emotion. No anger, sadness, or whatever. Still totally calm about it, even now. (Is there something wrong with me or am I
just getting older...??!!)
Ironic : next week I am going to participate in a large scale model show. With paper models. I had a sweater made with the logo of my website printed very large on the
front side..........
I was going to wear it for the first time on the first day of the show.
Now I have a useless sweater.

Bright side : I am participating in the role of assistant. An older man is going to retire and he needs someone to take over his business. He has a web shop, selling paper models.
Next weekend we are going to talk business.
Instead of making models, I am going to sell them and FINALLY make some money on paper models.

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
As a creator of paper models I feel with you. It is really frustrating when someone steals your work and in extension your time and energy that went into it. And it doesn't matter if you made them available for free or commercially. It is a violation of your intentions and generosity.

But then there is not much I can do about it - esp in far away countries where even large nations and companies have problems with technology and intellectual property theft etc. If they don't have the power to get justice, which chance do I have?

I have made my peace with this fact of life and try to focus on building my community of friends and supporters. I enjoy creating paper models. I am thankful for everyone who supports me with real money buying my stuff. I will do this as long as I am financially able to continue.

Placing your models on a larger store could increase the chance that they (the store owners) might take legal action. I doubt however that it will be successful if the theft happens outside our "western" jurisdiction.

I hope you can get the negative effects out of your system soon and go back to enjoying life. Leave the bad "karma" with their owner(s) and enjoy the happiness you bring to people who enjoy your creations. Nobody can take that away from you.

Peace out
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 02-15-2019, 03:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 319.34 MB
It's a bad news, but I get it.
Paperless models can not get rich.
In Czech Republic there is an author who issues models. As he says, he has about 5,000 euros in the models, which he never returns.
I myself made 12 free models, downloaded 7,400 times, none has ever built one.
Thank you for all your models, which I had the opportunity to build and wish only good in the future.
I do not speak English, maybe it's a terrible translation, but that's not the most important thing.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Hackers.

Find a friendly hacker...who is willing to help crack their store and dismantle it from the inside.
If I had the skills, thats what I would do.

What can they do...they're in China! LOL
Old 02-16-2019, 05:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.14 MB
Dear ETG

Sorry to read what was done to you (and all the other designers).
Fully understand your decision over your website.
Fingers crossed for you on your next adventure

Regards

Kevin
Old 02-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Important note.

In my first post I said I have better things to do with my life.

I hope you all understand I was referring to enriching the Chinese pirates. I was NOT referring to this forum !!
Please, let that be clear....!!!! ;-)

Just wanted to add this important little memo.............

________
Erik.

PS. As far as my models are concerned, they can be distributed via email, which will contain the passwords
to open and print the file.
And I just hope those files will not get into the hands of Yu No Hu ..... (he is a Chinese pirate).
Old 02-16-2019, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETG View Post
Thanks for all the support, guys !
Although my website no longer exists, I still want to finish at least two models: the Ariane 6 2019 Final Version, and the life-size Pioneer 4.
They can only be obtained via email (a PDF, with a personal, unique password for every receiver).
Can I already 'order' the Ariane6?

_______
Quote:
Ironic : next week I am going to participate in a large scale model show. With paper models. I had a sweater made with the logo of my website printed very large on the
front side..........
I was going to wear it for the first time on the first day of the show.
Now I have a useless sweater.

Must be in Goes! Likely i'll be there too…

Quote:
Bright side : I am participating in the role of assistant. An older man is going to retire and he needs someone to take over his business. He has a web shop, selling paper models.
Next weekend we are going to talk business.
Instead of making models, I am going to sell them and FINALLY make some money on paper models.

Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
in which stand are you? I know Wim...

See you, probably, next week!

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Google Adsense