PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 01-12-2020, 09:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 325.82 MB
Hi Erik and all other designers,

I have looked into trying to close down Alicepaper models and I think the chances are next to none.
We may not be able to close them down, but I believe we can severely hurt them.
They use Paypal as one of there payment methods which is pretty much the number one payment method. What I worked out when I spoke and put in a complaint to paypal about what they were doing is this.
If there are enough people that purchase models frome Alice paper models then put in a complaint, that the quality is cheap paper prints on a lesser quality than the originals would be, also that they are stolen from websites on the net and that some of the models are missing instructions and etc.
What ever you can pick on do it.
Its a bit of a process, but you will be refunded from paypal as I was.
I spent almost $100 and all of it was refunded including the shipping.
If enough people do this paypal will not be too happy with all the refunds and complaints put forward and the finacial loss to them.
Paypal explained if this keeps happening they will no longer allow Alice Paper Models to use Paypal as a payment method.
I dont expect everyone to spend as much as I did, but if everyone can spend maybe $10 to $20 this should do the job.
At the end of the day you will get all your money back and in some cases get to keep the models that they purchased, this will also hurt Alice Paper Models.
So come on everyone, lets get together and make it happen, its suck a small amout of effort to help all these great designers that have looked after us with there fantastic work and generosity. Would like to thank each and everyone of you that have supplied me with your fantastic work.

Kind regards
David
P.S. I have never done a thread before, so I'm not sure if this is where I post this, if someone reads this and finds I have not correctly posted this, please send me a message and let me know where I should post it. In the mean time I will see where else I can post this.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked. They have alot of my old stuff too. Wow what a crock! There is a level in hell at the very bottom for them.

We live and burn I guess.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Shepherd Book should have said 'There is a special level of Hell for child molesters and people who talk in theaters (next to the level for paper model pirates)'
Old 01-13-2020, 09:59 AM

AMEN!

After thinking about this some I'm starting to get a little pissed off. I designed my stuff so folks of all ages could have access to free material. I'm not a happy camper. I had no idea till today about these goings on. I have a few high friends in big places and will be making some noise about this. It's just a straight rip off and i'm not going to stand for it.

Thinking of making the Jupiter 2 a model only available upon request. But then again those kinda folks will find away to get it anyway......

Sorry for the rant.

Have a great day folks and remember they can't eat us all!
Old 01-13-2020, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.06 MB
There is a way to protect from "Alice", yet you have to jump through a few hoops.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:31 PM

Please let me know what the process is if you can.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2020, 02:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I cant believe the mouth on some people,
some jerk on another blog about this situation on this site, goes by "airdave" accuses me of being a thief for what I did,
I retuned the 2 kits that paypal told me to return and they said I didn't need to return the other one.
I spent my own money to try and do something and get accused of being a thief by member of the community I'm trying to help.

can you believe some people. JERK.
Believe me if he called me a thief to my face I would make him eat those works.
YES, I'm upset if you can't tell.LOL

For anyone that wants to know the process.
This is what I did.

1 Purchase
when you receive the items you will find they are of poor quality, I actually had pages missing and instructions missing on two of the kits.

2 go on your Paypal account and open dispute.
It will ask you the reasons and you can be truthful and tell them that they are stolen property of the net, they are poor quality, and if pages are missing or instructions, tell them so.
3 Alicepapermodels then offered me $1.00 off as a negotiation through Paypal, which I rejected. Stick to your guns and insist on a full refund.
4 Once the dispute is seen in your favor, you may have to return the kits as I did.
Send back to Alice with tracking.
5 Go back on Paypal account to your listing that you bought from paypal and there is a icon for request postage refund and fill this out.
Thats it.

Kind regards
David

Last edited by ronin571; 01-14-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I cant believe the mouth on some people,
some jerk on another blog about this situation on this site, goes by "airdave" accuses me of being a thief for what I did,
I returned the 2 kits that paypal told me to return and they said I didn't need to return the other one.
I spent my own money to try and do something and get accused of being a thief by a member of the community I'm trying to help.

can you believe some people. JERK.
Believe me if he called me a thief to my face I would make him eat those works.
YES, I'm upset if you can't tell.LOL

For DUKE and anyone that wants to know the process and actually do something.
This is what I did.
By the way, you will only have to be truthful,
you are within your legal rights

and you are NOT STEALING anything.
But then you will also probably be accused by some JERK that you are a thief.
YES, I"m still PISSED.
Sorry I digress.
Back to it.

YES, I"m still PISSED. LOL

Here we go:

1 Purchase
when you receive the items you will find they are of poor quality, I actually had pages missing and instructions missing on two of the kits.

2 go on your Paypal account and open dispute.
It will ask you the reasons and you can be truthful and tell them that they are stolen property of the net, they are poor quality, and if pages are missing or instructions, tell them so.

3 Alicepapermodels then offered me $1.00 off as a negotiation through Paypal, which I rejected. Stick to your guns and insist on a full refund.

4 Once the dispute is seen in your favor, you may have to return the kits as I did.
Send back to Alice with tracking.

5 Go back on Paypal account to your listing that you bought from Alice and there is a icon for request postage refund and fill this out.
Make sure you take a picture of the package you posted with the postal address clearly visible and also a picture of the receipt.
You will need to upload them to the refund request on Paypal.

Thats it.
If you need any help with the process, don't hesitate to contact me.

YES, I"m still PISSED. JERK!
People have got big mouths while they sit behind a computer screen.

OK, I'm over it now.
No, I"m still PISSED. LOL

Kind regards
David
Old 01-14-2020, 04:45 AM

Not wanting to be confrontational but....

How do I stop them legally from selling my work? Who can I contact? I don't see any contact tab or button?

I think this is really a big deal and it needs to be stopped. My attorney deals with international law and is looking into it today. I'll report back after I meet with him. I keep him on retainer for overseas client contracts. He has experience with infringement cases.

Good luck and godspeed!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
They're based in China, which has no copyright laws that we know of. Short of getting the president to impose sanctions to make them stop, there isn't much we can do.
Google Adsense