PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Very good idea Marc!
Old 03-06-2019, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
This is how I'll fight piracy by placing watermarks everywhere besides designing my models for large format paper. My thinking is pirates will pirate no matter what. I believe most pirates are lazy or they would have designed their own instead of stealing someone else. Hopefully, once they see the watermarks they will leave my models alone. If not, everyone will know where it came from and where they can get my models legit and free. Yes, the pirate can clean off the watermarks, but I think most pirates won't take the time.
It is a very good idea to put logos, names, web addresses on your model pages.
If you think someone might try to sell your model, this becomes even more important.

Allen, your method is more difficult to remove, which is good.

Uhu tried this with at least one of his models, covering the entire sheet background with his name.
(Or was it a logo? or something, I can't exactly remember what he put on the page).
Unfortunately, it just pissed off those of us who think about paper waste and the cost of ink! lol

Free file sharers don't care about your name or logo on the pages
...in fact, they think that by leaving this stuff in place, they are helping to promote you.
They often argue that they are doing you a favour by spreading your work.
When in fact, they are just stealing your web traffic.

I honestly don't care if someone wants to reshare one of my free models to their friends.
I understand how they might like my model and want to post it on their facebook page, or wherever.
They just don't realize that by allowing someone to bypass my website, they are stealing my traffic and potential business.
And that is why I fight to have my models removed from other websites when I find them.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.68 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
Bwahahahahaha!

Sir George, if you don't like it, then don't participate.

It really is that simple...
I don't like it because it's total gibberish and nonsense. Last time I checked I'm allowed to voice my opinion. I most certainly will participate, I don't need your advice.
-1:60 Scale Launch Umbilical Tower, and Milkstool.
Next Build:
1:60 Shuttle Stack and MLP
Old 03-06-2019, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
As you obviously are entertained by 'gibberish and nonsense', we will voice our opinions. We appreciate your participation, even though we don't agree with you
Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by George b View Post
I don't like it because it's total gibberish and nonsense. Last time I checked I'm allowed to voice my opinion. I most certainly will participate, I don't need your advice.

So... Let me get it right, you want to exercise your rights to participate in a platform but you want to deny others the same rights to participate in the same platform because you disagreed with them or the subject is boring to you? You calling the mods to do want? Shut down our conversation?
Google Adsense
Old 03-06-2019, 12:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Unfortunately, it just pissed off those of us who think about paper waste and the cost of ink! lol

My models are waste of ink and paper and will I will continual to design them to waste ink and paper. If it don't waste ink and paper, I don't do it. :D :D :D
Old 03-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
I don't like it because it's total gibberish and nonsense.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Mmm... Waffles!
Old 03-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
That's ok, keep it anyway... I have more.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 325.82 MB
Hi Everyone,

I have looked into trying to close down Alicepaper models and I think the chances are next to none.
We may not be able to close them down, but I believe we can severely hurt them.
They use Paypal as one of there payment methods which is pretty much the number one payment method. What I worked out when I spoke and put in a complaint to paypal about what they were doing is this.
If there are enough people that purchase models frome Alice paper models then put in a complaint, that the quality is cheap paper prints on a lesser quality than the originals would be, also that they are stolen from websites on the net and that some of the models are missing instructions and etc.
What ever you can pick on do it.
Its a bit of a process, but you will be refunded from paypal as I was.
I spent almost $100 and all of it was refunded including the shipping.
If enough people do this paypal will not be too happy with all the refunds and complaints put forward and the finacial loss to them.
Paypal explained if this keeps happening they will no longer allow Alice Paper Models to use Paypal as a payment method.
I dont expect everyone to spend as much as I did, but if everyone can spend maybe $10 to $20 this should do the job.
At the end of the day you will get all your money back and in some cases get to keep the models that they purchased, this will also hurt Alice Paper Models.
So come on everyone, lets get together and make it happen, its suck a small amout of effort to help all these great designers that have looked after us with there fantastic work and generosity. Would like to thank each and everyone of you that have supplied me with your fantastic work.

Kind regards
David
P.S. I have never done a thread before, so I'm not sure if this is where I post this, if someone reads this and finds I have not correctly posted this, please send me a message and let me know where I should post it. In the mean time I will see where else I can post this.
Google Adsense