PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 12-28-2019, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and PAZ

I have been struggling with this model for a couple years now. Initially, the simple hexagon shape and ample cleanroom photos made me think that this was going to be a quick design and build. But the size of this craft 5m by 2.4m makes it really huge against the rest of my fleet (I try to keep things in the 1/25 scale range to show how varied satellites actually are in size and shape). Plus there are more than a few odd angles that took some frequent prototyping to resolve. I'm still not thrilled with one panel, but I'm close enough to call my last prototype satisfactory.

TSX, TDX, and PAZ are three synthetic aperture radar Earth observing satellites that fly in a synchronized trailing orbit. The first two are operated by the German Space Agency and the last by the Spanish. The radar has a 1m resolution and by coordinating sequential scans the agencies are able to resolve some impressive traffic resolutions.

I hope to have the model available for download in a week or so. I hope you'll enjoy the following teasers.
Attached Thumbnails
TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and PAZ-img_0762.jpg   TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and PAZ-img_0763.jpg   TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and PAZ-img_0764.jpg   TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and PAZ-img_0766.jpg   TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and PAZ-img_0761.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-28-2019, 09:16 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Wow, 1 meter resolution from those sensors, that is pretty detailed, would love to see some of their imagery.
and the time interval would be great for time series analysis.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-07-2020, 06:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
PM

Scot,
You have a PM. ;-)

_______
Erik