PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 06-06-2020, 12:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 167.82 MB
Needing simple space models

Hello all! I am a director of a small museum in the Midwest. We will be hosting a exhibit at the end of summer on the history of the US Space program.

While I have built a few paper models, mostly panes and ships, I have never done a space model, and haven't a clue as where to look.

In past exhibits the museum has given free, printed sheets with a model on it for children, and a surprising number of adults, to take home and build.

So, I am looking for recommendations for sites to contact, or downloadable models of rockets, capsules, satellites, landers, etc. from the space race era that can be used for this project. Any such model need to fit into the following parameters, if possible.

1. Simple skill level. The majority of visitors who take these models have no experience in paper modeling. The easier the better.

2. Scaled to fit on one page. In the past we have done single pages with the instructions printed on the reverse. Single pages reduce the cost of providing these to the visiting public.

3. Ability to print multiple copies. We only provide printed copies to patrons, we never share the digital file. In the past we have added a line in the margins that reads "For more wonderful models go to (designers website)" as a way to promote the designer.

4. Reasonable price. While I do have a small budget, as a non-profit I have to make each penny stretch. I want to avoid anything that infringes on someone's copyright, but I also don't need a $100 model with 1000 parts printed on 30 pages. The more reasonable the cost, the more of these I can give to the kids.

I realize that these parameters limit the quality of the model, but these are meant to be an introduction to paper modeling and act as an enrichment for the visitors.

And recommendations or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Chris Wiseman
Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2020, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 968.01 MB
Please p.m. me.
I'm interested
Old 06-06-2020, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
I'd check with Alfonso Moreno; some of his Dragon models are straightforward, have a low parts count and require just basic skills. AXM Paper Space Scale Models.com – Space Shuttles, ISS and more paper rockets

Ton Noteboom, who has been out of the game awhile, also had some relatively simple models. Some are available (as well as plenty of others) at the Lower Hudson Valley Gift Shop: The Lower Hudson Valley Paper Model E-Gift Shop - Gallery Models
Old 06-06-2020, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.83 MB
Hello,

I think I have what you need.
When I still had my website, I was making a "MiniSat Series".
Small, very simple, very basic models with very little detail. As few parts as possible.
However, the proportions are accurate. The colors are acceptable. These models always give you a very fair model.
Always just one page. Therefor, the models did not have any particular scale.

See below for some examples.
Available models:
- ANS
- Eole
- Symphonie
- Hubble
- Syncom III
- Relay 1

I also have MaSat 1 at 1/2 scale. Only a few parts, but very detailed.
An old NASA promotional version of a Mercury capsule is available.

For a very small fee I can develop more models.

Give these models a try and tell me what you think !
These MiniSats were especially developed for things like the one you described ! ;-)

Cheers,
Erik.
Attached Thumbnails
Needing simple space models-preview1.jpg   Needing simple space models-preview2.jpg   Needing simple space models-preview3.jpg   Needing simple space models-preview4.jpg   Needing simple space models-preview5.jpg  

Old 06-06-2020, 03:16 PM

More pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Needing simple space models-preview6.jpg   Needing simple space models-eole-preview.jpg   Needing simple space models-eole-4.jpg   Needing simple space models-eole-2.jpg   Needing simple space models-hubble-1.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-06-2020, 03:18 PM

.....and more.
Attached Thumbnails
Needing simple space models-hubble-2.gif   Needing simple space models-hubble-3.jpg   Needing simple space models-masat-01.jpg   Needing simple space models-symph-01.jpg   Needing simple space models-symph-02.jpg  

Old 06-06-2020, 03:26 PM

@ Chris Wiseman :

If you are looking for any particular model, I can develop such a model rather quickly.
Or if I already have a larger model, simply reduce it in size and reduce the number of parts.
I can do it at cost price, for you. Paper, ink, materials. A few dollars per model. Something like that.

Just PM me.

_______
Erik
Old 06-06-2020, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.15 GB
I recommend the Delta 7 studios Mercury Redstone. It's a simple one-pager, and builds up quite nicely. It was also what got me started in the hobby.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna-Soar View Post
I recommend the Delta 7 studios Mercury Redstone. It's a simple one-pager, and builds up quite nicely. It was also what got me started in the hobby.
I'd also check with D7S's Dan Shippey about maybe licensing one of his Mercury or Gemini models. My concern with building a Redstone (or any other launch vehicle) is that rolling tubes can be a hard technique for a novice to get right; heck, I've been at it for years and I still have trouble with it.

Mercury or Gemini capsules, meanwhile, are basically just a series of truncated cones and they can be easier to roll into shape.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Look in the downloads area for stomp rockets
Miles