PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 03-15-2022, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Both look great.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Attractive models.
Too bad that contact was lost with Verena 1.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 121.70 MB
thank you, I will gradually add more technology here, I still have enough in the archive
Old 08-31-2022, 03:27 PM

Vostok 1 - spacecraft
(Soviet Union)

The author: Jan Rukr, Waclaw Tabencki, Drahomíra Frýbová

Publisher: ABC 14/2022

Scale: ?

Another addition to space technology is this interesting twin model of the Vostok 1 spacecraft. I recently glued the first model that was published in Zenit magazine, now it's the turn of the first model that was published in ABC magazine.The original version was published in ABC 7/1962, a reprint of this model was published in this year's ABC, which was supplemented with a version by J.Rukr, who also made a nice stand for both versions. A few words about the original:

Vostok 1 was a Soviet-piloted orbital space flight as part of the Vostok program and the first manned space flight ever. Vostok launched on April 12,
1961 with cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin on board. He flew around the Earth and after 106 minutes he successfully landed on a parachute.

I glued the model from the original from the ABC magazine, I struggled a bit
with it, but somehow I managed to glue it... a few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My space models-vostok-1.jpg   My space models-dscn0686.jpg   My space models-dscn0688.jpg   My space models-dscn0695.jpg   My space models-dscn0698.jpg  

My space models-dscn0702.jpg  
Old 09-02-2022, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
I love how these models turned out. The display, colors, and details are great. I hope this translates well - I mean it as a compliment - They have a "steampunk" style that is so reminiscent of the early stages of space exploration. Its a great build Zak. Congrats.
Google Adsense
Old 07-02-2023, 09:30 AM

TO: sreinmann
Thanks, it's a comparison of models that were released at different times (decades between them) that looked good then also now

Magion 1 - satellite
(Czechoslovakia)

Author: Roland „Rawen” Havran

Source: free model

Scale: 1:?

AGION 1 (MAGnetosphere-IONosphere) was the first independent Czechoslovak satellite launched on October 24, 1978 as part of the international program for magnetosphere research. The satellite was largely developed and built by a team of employees of the Institute of Geophysics, which later became part of the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic. The MAGION 1 satellite weighed 15 kg and carried two scientific instruments for measuring low-frequency electromagnetic fields and charged particles on its modest deck. The satellite worked until 1981 and is still considered an important achievement of Czechoslovak technicians and scientists. After the success of the MAGION 1 satellite, the series of successful Czechoslovak and then Czech artificial satellites of the MAGION program continued until 2002, when the MAGION 5 satellite ceased to operate in orbit. Currently, the staff of the Department of Space Physics of the Institute of Atmospheric Physics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic continue the long-standing tradition in the development of satellites instrument and cooperate on important European missions for the research of the Solar System from the Sun (Solar Orbiter), through the Earth (TARANIS) and Mars (ExoMars), to Jupiter (JUICE). (I am quoting the text that is with the model)

The model is made for the 40th anniversary of the launch of the first Czechoslovak satellite into space (1978-2018). I have glued Magion 1 a long time ago, but it was a model from ABC, this model is more refined. And since it is our first satellite, it should be properly glued, so I adjusted the model a little more according to the available photos.
My edits:
I printed out the solar panels again and originally I just wanted to stick them on the body of the probe, but according to the photos, the panels were on the pads (there was a gap), so I did it that way, it was more work, but it looks better ... where possible, I added the cabling and one more technical modification - the antennas are slide-in, so they can be separated from the model and the model will not take up so much space in the display case...
Attached Thumbnails
My space models-dscn5469.jpg   My space models-dscn5473.jpg   My space models-dscn5479.jpg   My space models-dscn5481.jpg   My space models-dscn5483.jpg  

My space models-dscn5485.jpg   My space models-dscn5491.jpg   My space models-dscn5495.jpg   My space models-magion1-real-109744.jpg  
Old 07-02-2023, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
This is an excellent find Zax and your additional details are fantastic. Based on the dimensions of the craft (.3 x .3x .15m) and judging by the size (maybe 10cm per side), I'm guessing that this is about 1/3 scale. Big model, small craft. I'm inspired. Going to its Kosmos 3M launcher too.
Old 07-02-2023, 02:53 PM

Thanx, if possible I always try to add some of my own details because it makes the model unique...
the estimate of the scale may be correct , since this is the first Czechoslovak satellite, it would be nice to complete the first satellites of the Soviet Union (Sputnik 1 and 3) and the first satellites of the USA (Explorer 1 and Vanguard)... I would like to glue the entire Vostok 1 rocket already because I would like to use its jets in another project, I will see if it will be possible... and besides, there are many plans, I have the New Horizons probe and also the J. Weba telescope in preparation... many plans, little time...
Old 07-06-2023, 05:05 AM

...and do you know this?
Attached Thumbnails
My space models-dscn5548.jpg  
Old 07-07-2023, 05:36 PM

I'm slowly continuing, I'm constantly adding details according to the available photos...current status (working version for now, more details will be added ):
Attached Thumbnails
My space models-dscn5580.jpg   My space models-dscn5581.jpg   My space models-dscn5583.jpg   My space models-dscn5586.jpg  
Google Adsense