PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 04-03-2022, 11:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.07 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Thanks again dhanners for the encouragement. I plan to use both with Leo's build. One of the models Delta 7 published has those details, but I wanted to build Gus Grissom's "Molly Brown". (Although, as far I can tell there isn't any visible details that illustrate it as such.) Anyway, this has been a good couple of days build for me; I expect Leo's to take me some time.
The two things that distinguish the launch vehicle are the tan band, as dhanners pointed out, and the launch vehicle number. The vehicle number on GT3 was 12558 instead of 12566 on GT11. There may be other minor differences.
Leo's model is a good representative of the earlier Gemini craft but not Gemini 8-12. The later Gemini craft had velcro patches on the adapter section instead of the longitudinal lines of the earlier craft.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanners View Post
While I’ve not built Leo’s Gemini-Titan, I will say generally that his models are well designed and construction is straightforward. Study his diagrams and you should have few difficulties.

Years (and years…) ago, I re-sized one of Delta 7 Studios’ Gemini capsules to 1/48th and then scratchbuilt the Titan. That was long before Leo’s excellent model came along.

Good luck!
I've been known to do that kind of "gorilla" modeling myself!
Old 04-05-2022, 10:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB

I kind of feel like I've opened a 1000 piece puzzle. I've got a picture of what it looks like, and I've got all the pieces. . .

Well, it's a start.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3869.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 04-06-2022, 10:36 PM

Taking my time to get the fiddley bits done. Everything is fitting together well.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3870.jpg   Gemini?-img_3871.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 04-07-2022, 10:00 PM

Finished the 2nd stage engine, and on to the 1st stage engine. Looks like they're pretty similar construction-wise, just different proportions.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3872.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Google Adsense
Old 04-08-2022, 11:09 PM

Sub assemblies of sub assembly. Just amazed at Leo's work.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3873.jpg   Gemini?-img_3874.jpg   Gemini?-img_3875.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 04-09-2022, 08:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 898.56 MB
Outstanding job so far!
Old 04-09-2022, 10:56 PM

Thanks PhantomCruiser. I'm sort of surprising myself a little bit, these are the smallest details I've attempted in at least -years-. I'm sure this the smallest box I've ever done.

Looking at the instructions I decided I better get the thrust structure/gimbals before obscuring it with the piping. Right now it seems ridiculously frail.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3876.jpg   Gemini?-img_3877.jpg   Gemini?-img_3878.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Old 04-12-2022, 11:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 GB
I'm glad someone is putting this one together (and doing a great job!) I've been playing with Leo's Gemini and reworking it a bit to represent the Gemini-I from the Blue Gemini book series and I want to build the Titan to go with it. So far it looks like it's a challenge!
Old 04-13-2022, 05:23 PM

Thank you jparenti. I kind of got a bit done since my post. I had a couple of glitches with the little truss structure at the center and the bottom off the tank but nothing that couldn't be overcome. Everything else so far has been right on the money.

I soaked the top of the thrust structure/gimbal with super glue to stiffen it up. Mating the skin, tank, and engine definitely takes some patience.
Attached Thumbnails
Gemini?-img_3880.jpg   Gemini?-img_3881.jpg   Gemini?-img_3882.jpg   Gemini?-img_3883.jpg   Gemini?-img_3884.jpg  

Isaac Asimov
Google Adsense