PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > PASA, Paper Aeronautical and Space Administration

Old 08-21-2010, 02:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Went to the site and downloaded the model, now to find a way to enlarge it. Then on to the build! will try to keep up the posts, wish me luck guys.....Rich
Old 08-21-2010, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
BIG Orbiter Model

Hi there,

A 1:48 scale space shuttle orbiter . . ? That'll be a big 'un!

I resized the 1:100 scale Fortezza Atlantis orbiter for A3 European size printer paper, which renders it somewhere in the neighborhood of 1:72.

However, there was in fact a Japanese model (rather simple, all white) of the orbiter, that was 1:50 scale. I'll see if I can find it.

PM me your e-mail eddress, and I will surely send it to you, if I can locate it on one of my separate drives. I think it was a pdf - hundreds of pages...

All the best,
Bengt in Sweden :D
Old 08-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 343.62 MB
I'm looking forward to see how you will build the 1:48 scale Shuttle, and which version. I have the Fortezza model that I am building at the moment and should get back too (lots of honey-do's and trying to fix things around the house. I did fix the tv, new chips soldered in and it is like new. The printer is next, then the garage door, etc....). Though this is not the right thread, my shuttle is 1:33, so that I can pose it with Ken's X-15 and SR-71. The Fortezza model does not have the landing gear or the cockpit, but that can be fixed. A few pics to show my progress so far.
Attached Thumbnails
1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0254.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0255.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0256.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0257.jpg   1/48 scale space shuttle-dscn0258.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 04:05 PM

WOW!! and they said i was crazy to want a 1/48 Shuttle,you have to be MAD to want a 1/33 scale one.......I LOVE IT!!!!....are you going to build the full stack?...Rich
Old 08-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
A 1/33rd-scale Orbiter will be quite an accomplishment, and I look forward to seeing your progress. Which OV are you building? I take it you're building an early-era Orbiter....
Google Adsense
Old 08-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
i,m beginning to feel like my testbuild of Greelt's Saturn V in A3 format is small in comparison to what you guys are up to :D
Old 08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspacemike View Post
Though this is not the right thread, my shuttle is 1:33,
Question for you and richkat. Are you printing on large sheets with a print shop or is there an easy way (poster print?) to get the enlarged parts onto a standard sized paper (8.5x11, etc.) and then piece things together?

Yogi
Old 08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Talking Great Stuff !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
Went to the site and downloaded the model, now to find a way to enlarge it. Then on to the build! will try to keep up the posts, wish me luck guys.....Rich
Hey... you don't need luck - you will do fine , and we will enjoy . Yogi had a good question there... are you going to up-scale by percentage or poster print on to A4 sheets and join them all up ? Well you asked for it... GOOD LUCK and have FUN... Dive in :D
Old 08-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
Oh come on now! I allready have a SEVEN FOOT TALL Saturn V!! a 1/48 Space Shuttle would be sooooooo cool!
Awesome project. A rocket farm centered around a 7' Saturn V would look very impressive. The Mars Center shuttle includes a full stack version. You should definitely build that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspacemike View Post
Though this is not the right thread, my shuttle is 1:33, so that I can pose it with Ken's X-15 and SR-71.
Another awesome project. I've contemplated building smaller real spacecraft in 1:33 but never a shuttle. The Hobby Model U-2 would make a good addition to your fleet.

-Doug
Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM

I'm thinking of going to a print shop to have it printed..think the end result would look better than tile type printing? never done this before so not shure how to go about it. Does anyone out there know of a good place to get an enlargement made(in U.S.) I'll need to enlarge it by 208% (if my math is right) so that means about 18x24? thats a big pc. of paper, maybe print on trimed down poster board?............Rich
Google Adsense