PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Someone my age! :D
Great looking train, very nice work!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello again,

I know it's been a long time since my last post, but here is another set of pictures at last. For some time I missed inspiration, but it's back again.

Firstly, the engines are almost ready, just a few parts and a lubricant pipes are missing. Then of course a paint job with spray.

Three (should be four) parts of valve gear, and cutted parts of cab, which now wait under heavy books for another time.

Also, recently I've concentrated my work on the tender - the upper part is *almost* ready, lamps and a few small parts are missing, then it will be polished and virified for small unpainted places. After finishing the upper part I'll be working on bogies which are real challenge because of many, many small parts. Here's general view (oh, all those imperfections are killing me):

And, as always, the whole steam engine (putted together with unfinished foot boards), view in comparision with latest model of Px29 too. You can also see a grey wheels as they are covered with foundation paint and still await polishing:

Oh, long road of constructing awaits me. But certainly I'm not going to give up - I like to finish things. So see you in a while

PJ
Old 03-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned

PiotrkJ, your craftsmanship is excellent and intimidating. I hope to achieve that level of expertise someday.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:36 PM

Excellent work! I've always loved steam engines and so I've been picking up a few of the available models whenever I can. One day! Can't wait for Kooklik's Big Boy! Great photo link, too and, you're right, your favourite pic is a winner.

One of my earliest memories is from a visit to New York when I was 2 or 3 years old. The New York Central was still using steam in those days and I can still remember the power of the beasts! Fortunately, there are still several examples of engines to be seen in various museums where you can actually climb up into the cab and imagine what it was like to ride one at high speed. I know the Flying Scotsman could do 100mph but apparently they don't know how fast the Big Boy could go since they were never able to open her out completely!

All Aboard!

Cheers, Mike
Old 03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Nice build!, I have this one in my stack too..
I saw the real one about 20 years ago, when it visited Holland
There is some nice stuff on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6JOI...eature=related
here it is in Holland;
Attached Thumbnails
Polish Steam engine Pt47 in 1:25-dia6100.jpg.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2008, 11:00 AM

Ouch, it's almost a month since I posted anything here. Thank you for all those nice comments - you're certainly too kind! Maybe today, after seeing new pictures, you'll change your minds
But let the another presentation begin.

Through this time I didn't do much - university is killing me (in social not scientifical sense) so I work with my model in weekends mainly.

I did some work with tender, upper part is lacking 5 elements only, and of course paiting. Lamps and wires are ready.

White spots are awaiting final paiting.

To get some rest from tender elements I built many things on the engine itself.
1. Engines - almost, almost ready, with lubricator's wires. Final painting with some black spray I'll probably do tomorrow.

On boiler I did a new covers of valves, and two main valves (which deliver the water to it), I did a riveting, but alas it almost unseeable on the picture.

I also started a cabin, but firstly I must find a thin wooden sheet - last time I asked about it in shop, there wasn't any left.

Two of eight driving wheels are ready:

And here you can see general view - as usual

I will try my best to post here more often, eventually it's the only forum I'm posting my pictures.

Greetings,
PJ
Old 04-26-2008, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
All I can say is that this is a magnificent model. It's like alchemy: transforming paper into steel.

Don
Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Very nice, immaculate workmanship!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
It's frightening! envy this work!
Is this virus that infected me!
Damn it!!!!

Orazio
Old 04-27-2008, 05:31 AM

Today I painted engines with black spray - and they seem to look much better now. Probably, I will add some more shades of paint and rust to add some reality.

Here you can see originals:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bambukouk/Pt47

I hope my engines look somewhat similar to the originals.

Greetings,
PJ
Google Adsense