PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 07-14-2011, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Medium RR Station

As a spinoff of the Zio contest, I now need a passenger station. I chose the Scale Scenes medium station for the future passenger train diorama. The kit consists of four modules, that can be arranged in multiple ways to give you a 'custom' station for the layout. I am most of the way done on the first module, which is the office area. I purchased the HO scale version of the kit, and have reduced it 50 percent to fit with the Zio models.

Medium RR Station-1.jpgMedium RR Station-2.jpgMedium RR Station-3.jpgMedium RR Station-4.jpgMedium RR Station-5.jpgMedium RR Station-6.jpgMedium RR Station-7.jpgMedium RR Station-8.jpgMedium RR Station-9.jpg
Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
Darwin,

If you want another RR station, I have one in HO on my blog page. It's a model of a real station from the Santa Fe RR Coast Line Division, that was built at Olive, CA in the 1930's. It was my first paper model design, so it's not real detailed, but it builds up well and looks right when it's done. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:58 PM

Cool, how does one get to your blog?

About 98 percent done with the first module. The evening was mostly spent shingling the roof.

Medium RR Station-10.jpgMedium RR Station-11.jpgMedium RR Station-12.jpg
Old 07-14-2011, 11:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
DUH! Sorry, Darwin. It's at The Rosco Files
Old 07-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.19 MB
Nice work Darwin, that will be a good looking station to go with your passenger consist.
Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Paul, nice little train station. As you say, a bit light in the texturing department, but I think my grandson would like it for his train.

The second module is complete...the residence section for the station. While building it, I thought back on the time I was househunting and nearly bought the old train station building at Pingree, ID. Unfortunately, the prior owners had a very messy divorce, which extended to total trashing of the bathrooms, utility room, and kitchens, and I suspect the main roof beam was broken, as it was definitely sway-backed. Needless to say, my response was "thanks but no thanks."

Medium RR Station-13.jpgMedium RR Station-14.jpgMedium RR Station-15.jpgMedium RR Station-16.jpgMedium RR Station-17.jpgMedium RR Station-18.jpgMedium RR Station-19.jpgMedium RR Station-20.jpgMedium RR Station-21.jpgMedium RR Station-22.jpg
Old 07-16-2011, 04:26 PM

The last two modules done....freight office and gent's room. Unfortunately there is a price to be paid for flexibility in how the station is to be configured....no base is provided for the model. Fortunately, I purchased the platform model as well, so will bash together the base, and see if I can find some suitable texture files for flooring for the ground level of the structure.

Medium RR Station-23.jpgMedium RR Station-24.jpgMedium RR Station-25.jpgMedium RR Station-26.jpg
Old 07-16-2011, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Sooo when do you start on the furniture?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Furniture? You want furniture? Well, maybe, but I need to find some floors first. Here is what it looks like with a little eye candy applied.

Medium RR Station-27.jpgMedium RR Station-28.jpgMedium RR Station-29.jpgMedium RR Station-30.jpgMedium RR Station-31.jpg
Old 07-19-2011, 05:08 PM

I cobbled together a platform from the Scale Scenes kit for same. I like their modular approach that gives you the needed components to build whatever size structure you want. The station is still not attached to the base...a little more guilding is required for that particular lily. The last shot in the series gives some idea where this madness is heading.

Medium RR Station-32.jpgMedium RR Station-33.jpgMedium RR Station-34.jpgMedium RR Station-35.jpgMedium RR Station-36.jpgMedium RR Station-37.jpg