PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 12-01-2014, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Canon Toy Train

Here is a little sumpin' that looked a lot easier than it was. Last year I made the Paper Replika Christmas Train for my wife, so,..... I thought I would simply make her another train. Canon called it a "Toy Train" so I figured how tough could it be....

Well most of the parts fit pretty darn well, but a lot of the little fiddly parts are three layers, so you get to cut a lot of stuff out. I think it was 17 pages (letter) but that includes the cover sheet and a couple of pages at the end I didn't use.

The hardest parts were the six pipes along side of the front of the engine, I don't know why they designed them the way they did, but it took a lot of altering to get them to fit, I also got to use some of my favorite Army vocabulary.

This is probably one of the more difficult things I have built, so if'n you want to try it remember it aint gonna be easy.

Merry Christmas All,
Beard
Google Adsense
Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
It looks like a tough build. It also looks very Christmas-y (is that a word?).
Canon is like that - you buzz along doing easy models and then BAM -
you're up to your eyeballs. Why am I telling you this? You just found out.
You did a good job though. Thanks for the pics - and the warning.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
I have seen that download many times, and I still haven't figured out as to why they call it a "toy train", it certainly doesn't even look easy nor toylike.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I'm just guessing but I think they call it "Toy" because it is pretty small and only has four wheels. I think its only use is to take passengers up into the Himalayas to a small tourist town and possibly to the village where the Dali Lama can be found. Seems to me, my local Rotary Club sent a young lady on a two week trip to India one time and she rode this thing.

Thank's for the comment Elliot, I have built quite a few of the Canon models, the falcon and eagle and toys, this was the roughest one.

Beard
Old 12-02-2014, 08:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
Maybe it's a TOY TRAIN because there are TOYS in the packages in front of the cab?
Google Adsense