PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Steam Loco 3D Models- Px48, T2-71, T3 and P4.2

Hello. I typically build 3D models of rail and rail-related vehicles and objects, usually european steam locos. I don't actually build paper models but detailed paper builds are a big part of my research and documented builds helped me out a lot in the past. So i thought of posting a few renders in the hopes that someone building any one of these models might find them useful. If anyone needs specific 2D or 3D render of a locomotive or one of its parts, they need only to ask and I'll be glad to post pics here. Most of these engines are untextured as of yet, which is why they look so flat. Renders are done in Max.

First up is a PKP Px48, probably my most detailed model. Blueprints are that of the 3D model itself.

Thanks for watching and I'll post renders of the other three remaining steam locos tomorrow.
Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2013, 02:02 AM

Hi Aldeb,
Extraordinary detail, am following with interest. Amazing amount of piping. Good luck with it.
G
Old 07-16-2013, 02:57 AM

A few more Px48 shots.
--------------------
Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 AM

Prussian P4
-----------

Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.16 MB
Awesome 3D models. Do you have future plans to relase this models in paper it will be awesome.
Google Adsense
Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by draccus View Post
Awesome 3D models. Do you have future plans to relase this models in paper it will be awesome.
Thanks. I would but I only have a vague clue on how that's done [properly]. Haven't thought about it really. Maybe in the future I will, after gaining some experience with paper. I think most of these models are available at Modelik btw.

Draccus, would you happen to know any english books/dvd's that cover polish steam locomotives? Or some english websites?

And could someone please tell me which narrow gauge loco is featured in this Modelik release, seen here?
NC&J:Modelik Narrow-Gauge Train

Looks German. Planning on building it in 3D but I need to know what I'm building ) Thanks guys.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 PM

Welcome
Unfortunately, narrow-gauge railway is not my hobby horse. All about Wilanow railway will find in this book, which unfortunately for you is the Polish Kolej wilanowska OKOKO and i dont have it.
Websites and book that I know are only in Polish. You may find something trying put "narrow gauge railway in Poland" to find somethin by sercing google there are many hobby sites maybe you find something interesting.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 PM

Repozytorium PKP website with railroad equipment
SOUTHERN RAILWAY HISTORICAL & MODELING RESOURCES - ROBERT H. HUNDMAN <I>MAINLINE MODELER</I> DRAWINGS drawing of american and canadian steam locos
w. + h. brutzer's galleries on Flickr mega lot pictures of steam diesel electric locos from all the world
PRR Equipment diagrams
and many more you find serching the internet
Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 AM

Thanks. Must learn polish. You have some neat locomotives. Them, Hungarian and some other central European designs are my favourites.

Prussian T3. Side, front and back views and as well as 2D/isometric close-ups of the Allan valve gear, sanders, compressor and braking system.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 PM

Mayby you find something here tons of steam drawing not only the locos but steam engines cars, guns etc. John-Tom Engine Plans,
http://www.kruzok.sk/oldkruz/FOTO/c760-90d.gif Lokomotivní řada 310

Last edited by draccus; 07-18-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Google Adsense