PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 02-17-2015, 03:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 664.90 MB
Tanks for the pictures, Lee Anne. It shows that these little beasts can be quite challenging. I have designed the models so that the builder can just go with the basics or add detail, which is included, but optional. at this scale we can get away with some detail being printed and it looks just as good. I do have hand rails and stanchions and other detail for the truly punishment seeking builder.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.30 MB
very nicely done
regards macadam
Old 03-10-2015, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cool "N" scale models .

Hello :
As Vice -President of Modeling -The New Braunfels Railroad Museum and New Braunfels Railroad Museum Historical model club .I was very interested in what you've shown here .
I do have a question that has to be asked though .What do you use for wheels ? Surely paper would NOT be sturdy enough ?
I specifically build ships .Why ? Well I used to be a Captain of Very Large Crude Carriers in real life and I love them . I mess with trains because it's fun.
I have to say , except for " Tom Thumb " or other engines and trains of the western era , I have never thought of building any of paper . Seems I'll have to change my thinking . Great job . Now let's see some KATY , Missouri Pacific and Union Pacific Passenger consists -Please ? Here's a historical one for you - The International-Great Northern that built our station and ran through here .

Last edited by papersurprise50; 03-10-2015 at 06:24 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
N-Scale

I have also requested copies of these models. I run occasional N-scale in my limited space (40+ steam engines + maybe 25 or so diesel ones). I am also collecting trackside buildings models. I am driving back and forth between Sugar Land and Lago Vista (Texas) every week or so, and New Braunfels is almost on the way.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:14 PM

It will only be possible to use the card locomotives and wagons with plastic or metal wheels. Paper would never be able to hold up. Or the card models can be side track scenery. Inexpensive eye candy to make the model railroad seem busy without costing a fortune. I am reluctant to dive into UP or BNSF stuff due to their crafty and idle lawyers, who will glaldy squash any goodwill in the name of protecting their trade mark. Not sure where that stands right now, but it was a big problem in the early 2000s.
Google Adsense
Old 05-01-2015, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 699.34 MB
Copyright issues

Sygrod,
Have you considered offering BNSF, etc the copyright to the models painted in their colors with the suggestion that they put the models up on their websites for children to download and build? - point out to them that it is a form of advertising and goodwill building, used by other corporations, notably the maritime shipping companies.
WayneMcC
Old 05-01-2015, 04:08 PM

Not sure... Give my work to them for free? After the way they have treated small model making companies... Hmmm.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 32.35 MB
Those are gorgeous. Does anyone know of any 2 axle diesels that can be built in paper kits?
Thanks
otherDoc
Old 03-20-2017, 06:20 PM

Did anyone else build any of these? And took pictures?
Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 69.70 MB
Nah, to small for me, but look fine.
Proud member of: Bielska Strefa Modelarska
Google Adsense