PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 03-21-2015, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you for your kind comments, Don, most appreciated :-) Although I had to chuckle; is going "off track" a railway-related pun? :-D We'll just call it 'heading off down a branch line', something I did a lot of in the 0 Gauge thread :-)

Cav'n'dish did indeed turn up in my 'image' search, and I do remember Ultima kits....look forward to hearing from you if they turn up! Meanwhile a little more progress on that diesel....

Plumdragon
Old 03-21-2015, 05:02 PM

Class 40 Diesel Loco build II

Firstly, my apologies for another 'nitty-gritty' post

It may be that you all cut out your paper models the same way, but the method I use for cutting complicated pieces like this is something I learned for myself a long time ago. It may not be readily apparent to a novice the difference, but I find cutting out large sections and going progressively smaller and smaller never seemed to do as neat a job as vice-versa - doing all the holes and nooks and crannies and wrinkly edges first, leaving the 'straight' bits 'til the end. It also has the advantage that the job does get progressively easier as you go along!

Anyway, here's the latest....

plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-5.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-6.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-7.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 08:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
not sure of the scale here, but here's a WIP of a train layout I did this past summer:

Old 03-22-2015, 03:53 PM

Not sure of the scale either, jleslie! Miniscule?? :-D Very nice, and an impressive bit of miniaturisation :-)

Plumdragon
Old 03-22-2015, 04:06 PM

Class 40 Diesel Loco Build III

Hello again Friends A quick update on work done so far. I'm still scratching my head regarding one or two design quirks on this model, and now have a nearly full A4 sheet of notes for things that could do with changing....

The body will be next, that being done in a very similar fashion to the coach, wrapped around body formers as it is. I first tried building these as 'hollow boxes', but found that the scale is unforgiving when it comes to small errors in shape - a gentle curve on a coach side or loco roof has to be as close as possible to the prototype, to avoid the eye being drawn to something being 'not quite right' And that starts with the fundamental structures, like base sections and body formers - it all needs to be so accurate!

But, onwards and upwards, as was said once

Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-8.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-9.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-10.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-11.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2015, 11:19 AM

Class 40 Diesel Loco Build IV

Hello Friends After a very long absence (for medical reasons - 'nuff said!) I'm back with some more! Picking up where we left off, whilst also moving forward, the locomotive is now finished, as I have been dabbling around on the Workbench during my sojourn. Hopefully, the pictures will give a clear idea as to how the model is put together, although as said before, the design is so old it has a lot of quirky oddities which I wouldn't put into a model now. Still an' all, I'm quite pleased with the result

Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-12.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-14.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-15.jpg   N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-40-16.jpg  
Old 05-05-2015, 11:28 AM

And Finally....

As these models were to be built as a gift for my brothers' birthday (missed that, probably going to be Christmas now!) I need at least a couple more coaches to tag along behind the diesel. The picture here shows the two I intend to build at some point; the models are printed out and ready for assembly, although progress will of necessity be steady. I intend to simply post up pics of the finished models in the future, as you've all seen how they are put together

Therefore, for the time being, that concludes this little foray into 2mm, although it won't be the last as I now have accurate drawings to finish my "Blue Pullman" DMU, a project that has long been on the boil, or I may throw a curve ball and knock out a Class 76 Electric loco instead. We shall see.... Meanwhile, there will be something new over in the 0 Gauge department in due course.

Thank you, friends, for your interest in my paper wanderings

Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
N Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread-n-ck-so-1.jpg  
Old 05-05-2015, 08:54 PM

The diesel locomotive looks great! Hard to imagine how tiny it must be. Should look very impressive with a string of your detailed carriages.