PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 09-15-2015, 12:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
First Paper Model - Modelik GLS30 Polish Locomotive

Hi guys,

This is the first paper model I have made, and to be honest, I messed up.
I got wrong with the cutting at places, and tried weathering with acrylics and that didnt turn out very well. I will try varnishing the model first next time.

I am yet to cut out the logo, door handles and make the rails.
The finishing is odd. The base colours were dull and I had to repaint the parts.
I had trouble cutting the circles, if any of you could please give me the trick for cutting out perfect circles, I will worship you my lord!

Would love to have your inputs on the model. Please be gentle on me I have just started learning.

I am thinking about ordering "Locomotiva Moravia 1838" model next, but cant seem to find a seller.The order will take a month to deliver, so I have a long waiting time! If you guys have any other suggestions for the next model I should try, please do tell me.

Thanks a lot.

Parth
Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2015, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That sure looks a lot better than my first model. I think you dove into the deep end by choosing this one to be your first.

Have you considered doing downloadable models? There are many mentioned in the forum that might be a good fit for your next model
Old 09-15-2015, 12:46 PM

Toy train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
That sure looks a lot better than my first model. I think you dove into the deep end by choosing this one to be your first.

Have you considered doing downloadable models? There are many mentioned in the forum that might be a good fit for your next model
Thanks for your opinion friend.
Is the Canon Toy Train good for my next build? The real toy train runs in my country, so that is for sure in my bucket list!
Old 09-15-2015, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.47 GB
Very nice build. Give the Canon train a try. It's only one piece at a time. Go slowly and test fit before gluing. GOOD LUCK! Looking forward to your next build.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:02 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
You have done a very good job for a first build. Cutting the perfect circle is a perpetual question here. Do a search for "cutting circles" and take your pick.
Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2015, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I would love to see the blue one built. I plan to do this one some time, ????? C57 180 - ??? - ?? - ???????? - Canon Creative Park, or the D51
Old 09-15-2015, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
I think you did a brilliant job. If you enjoy building weathered and worn as I do then any imperfections in construction add to the effect. In fact they can at times be done deliberately. Top job, keep at it. I look forward to seeing future builds.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 152.73 MB
Pienso igual que los demas, es un muy buen trabajo, podrias descargar modelos libres, los que suelen ser menos complicados, pero entre mas simple hay que acercarse mas a la perfeccion, mucho paciencia y mucha practica, saludos

I like the others, is a very good job, you could download free models, which tend to be less complicated, but the simpler must get closer to perfection, much patience and practice, Greetings
Old 09-16-2015, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I would love to see the blue one built. I plan to do this one some time, ????? C57 180 - ??? - ?? - ???????? - Canon Creative Park, or the D51
I have this one in my folder downloaded, but I somehow don't like the shade of black here. It has that blue tint, so I am not building this anytime soon.
I have special interest in Bn2t models of Modelik, but I will work on them once I build up some confidence.

This link inspired me for the Bn2t :

Zé Reis: Locomotiva henschel T2-71

Do you have any idea about how he weathered the model?
Old 09-16-2015, 03:06 AM

Thanks a lot.
Google Adsense