PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 10-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik

At the outset, an apology. When I purchased this model it was my intent to create a build log because I was not able to find a complete one on my internet searches. However, when the kit arrived I was immediately intimidated and afraid I might have bitten off a lot more than I could chew attempting this model. I did not want to start a build log only to abandon it because I did not finish the model.

This kit is wonderful, the completed model is about 2 feet long. The colors are superb, the parts fit is excellent, and building it was a joy. Don't get me wrong, the kit does offer some challenges and there were a few mistakes on my part, but overall it was fairly uncomplicated to build although reading or speaking Polish certainly would have been a benefit. In addition to purchasing the kit I opted for all the laser cut parts available. Those laser parts made a huge difference in my managing to complete the build. That said, I found the bolts, rivets, and screws I purchased were a waste, they all delaminated. That could have been a manufacturing issue or my not understanding how to apply them. One more word about the laser parts, there are not laser replacement parts for all the parts in the kit. It is worth the time it takes to organize the laser parts up front. Using the laser parts pages I took the time to indicate on the parts pages if I had a laser replacement for that part. That was good otherwise I am sure I would have been laminating parts instead of using the laser part provided. However, I should have also correlated where the laser part was making it easier to find it when needed. Near the end of the build I felt the designer was getting tired of the model and left quite a bit to the builders imagination. But, as you can see I somehow managed to do what I thought was correct and created a decent model.

I found this hobby three years ago and thoroughly enjoy it. I am still in awe of the magnificent engineering it takes to create these wonderful models using paper.

I hope you enjoy the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0354.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0342.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0340.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0366.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0359.jpg  

Old 10-11-2015, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 115.38 MB
Very beautifull.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Quite colorful. Looks like it went together OK.

What you could do with a build log is take the photos during the build but do not post them and make a text file with notes about the build. Save the pictures somewhere then if you finish the build post them along with your notes as a build log. If you do not finish the build then do not post the photos and only you will know.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
Some more pics.

Doug - I never thought of doing that. Maybe next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0341-small-.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0349-small-.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0360-small-.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0367-small-.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0343-small-.jpg  

Old 10-11-2015, 02:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Great job, had the kit for a couple of years now but wanted to improve some skills before jumping into it. So know what you mean by being intimidated by it. But looks like you conquered it.
Google Adsense
Old 10-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
That is quite the beautiful model. The black with gold trim really sets off the red and blue. It's a real showstopper!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 177.15 MB
That model is magnificent! I'll have to look for that one. Would be great to create a Wild Wild West train version. You would need to create the lab and passenger cars.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very nice work! Thanks for sharing the photos and comments on this kit!
Old 10-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by clif52 View Post
That model is magnificent! I'll have to look for that one. Would be great to create a Wild Wild West train version. You would need to create the lab and passenger cars.
Now there is an interesting idea...
Old 10-12-2015, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 32.35 MB
Simply awesome! Great and beautiful work!
otherDoc
Google Adsense