PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 283.81 MB
That is nice of you, much appreciated.
Also, thanks to Sakrison for the reminder about papermau. I picked up some neat little buildings that I need for my train layout. I need some temporary stuff, which just might become permanent...
Oh, crates... they are very easy to make out of coffee stirrers. I bought a bale of them off ebay and use them for LOTS of stuff. Crates are a hoot to build. You can use the soldering iron tip to make 'nails'.

The advantage of simplifying origami are twofold.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:02 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
[QUOTE=sreinmann;527284]I'm going to submit them here in the Downloads section shortly......I'll let you guys know when it gets approved! Thanks for the support!/QUOTE]

Approved and available in the Downloads section.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Thanks Elliott. I had intended to break the file up so that each "cargo type" would have its own page to download, but it looks like I'm limited to just 4 files per download page. No problem, I removed the first three and republished EVERYTHING as one file. Hope that works for folks.

Scot
Old 02-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I'm looking forward to your cargo and odds and ends Scot. I realize there is a few of these now but I don't think a modeler can have enough of these. We all have needs for them. I built two dioramas so for. Only posted pic of the one. One day I will show the other. Thank you for sharing with all of us. wc
Old 03-08-2016, 07:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.46 MB
Thanks everyone whose downloaded the models so far!

I've updated the page contents to include some steel billets and blooms. Also wanted to post some more prototyping pics.

I need to work on cradles for the spools. I've found source pics that are more than just blocking and chains. But I'm kinda worried about modeling the complex cross spars. I may sacrifice and just have it be a closed steel type. We'll see. The last pic is the cradle I'm thinking of. I'd try to make it generic so my largest model (2 meter spool) to my smallest will rest inside, but that's pretty ambitious too.
Attached Thumbnails
Cargo for rolling stock-8lpcrcfl.jpg   Cargo for rolling stock-8ykaprzl.jpg   Cargo for rolling stock-em4bqnql.jpg   Cargo for rolling stock-r7hyxpvl.jpg   Cargo for rolling stock-vn6b3tyl.jpg  

Cargo for rolling stock-ztp7tgwl.jpg   Cargo for rolling stock-spool-blocking-3.jpg  

Last edited by sreinmann; 03-08-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Google Adsense

Tags
cargo, cars, pipes, models, forum, coming, logs, boxes, suggestions, hoppers, spoils, wire, coal, online, train, gauge, christmas, lionel, continuing, toddlers, enjoy, stock, rolling, set, searches