PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 03-01-2016, 03:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
F7 drawings

I have tried to find information via this forum before: after the British streamline locomotive Sir Nigel Gresley, we want to try our hand at the EMD F7, another railway icon. Drawings are a problem, as always. There a few on the internet, but we would like more!
It has been suggested to me that Westcott, Diesel Locomotives: Model Railroader Cyclopedia - Volume 2 might have what I am looking for. Does anyone here happen to have that on his shelf? Before perhaps buying one myself, I want to be sure there are indeed good drawings there?
Please pm me?
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2016, 10:29 AM

Scott K pointed out that old issues of Mainline Modeler might also provide what I am looking for. Can anyone help? Please pm me.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.67 MB
Sent you a PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 146.03 MB
If you can find one, Classic Trains Magazine, Spring 2015 Issue, published by Kalmbach publishing Co. 100 page's covering the F-Unit, and two page center fold of a color drawing of an F-unit. Covers all the F's, but a lot of pics of F7's both color and black and white. Maybe some stuff that could help.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
The nose curves are tricky, even the big-time model railroad manufacturers have trouble with them. I say that from having read several decades worth of product reviews during my life as a model railroader; and that is sometimes mentioned in the reviews.
sorry that I can offer little advice on how to render them in three dimensions.
One thing I can say:
If you look at photos, there is a subtle crease down center of nose.
Light angle in this photo show it, RailPictures.Net Photo: BLE 727 Bessemer & Lake Erie Railroad EMD F7(A) at Kaylor, Pennsylvania by Doug Lilly
On this Amtrak one with door mounted second headlight as well, RailPictures.Net Photo: AMTK 493 Amtrak EMD F7(A) at New Orleans, Louisiana by Tom Farence
And look at triangular shadows under flat number board on this one, RailPictures.Net Photo: ATSF 227C Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe (ATSF) EMD F7(A) at Newton, Kansas by Joe Blackwell

Railpictures dot net has over 2,600 photos of various flavors of F7, both old and new, might be worth the time to note the many detail differences between users.
Google Adsense
Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 AM

As these pictures of HO scale models show, designer Cor van Haasteren has great experience with streamline curves. These are the first Dutch streamlined passenger trains, both electric and DE. Designed in the 30'ties, when streamlining became very popular in locomotive and car design.
Published in my own series Paper Trade, available via my site - Zeist Bouwplaten - Import, verkoop, ontwerp en productie van papieren schaalmodellen, maquettes en bouwplaten (cardmodels), Modelbouw, Rietveld cutoutmodels
Attached Thumbnails
F7 drawings-mat-klein.jpg   F7 drawings-mat36klein.jpg  

Tags
drawings