PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 01-22-2018, 02:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Sebastian Kiszca's NG locos

Hi all.
I have been scaling some of Sebastian's locos (the HO versions being in the downloads section) to 1-45th (either 12 or 16.5 mm gauge depending on the prototype.) He has given permission for me to share them, so if you want one, let me know. Email me - [email protected], please. I don't always get to know about PMs very quickly.

Now - Here's a teaser for you. There are a lot of designations for scales and gauges in railway modelling, both standard and narrow gauge. For instance, "HOe" refers to HO-scale (1/87th) narrow gauge trains on 9mm N-gauge track (similar to the British OO-9), and "Oe" is O-scale (European, 1/45th) narrow gauge for 16.5mm (HO) track (similar to the British O-16.5). But what can we call O scale (1/45th or 1/48th or 1/43.5th) running on TT (12mm) track? I've not found anything about this scale/gauge combination, though I have some paper models for just that scale/gauge combination, representing real prototype 540mm gauge! I'm provisionally calling it "Oe-12" for 1/45th scale, and O-12 for 1/43.5th, but do you know a correct term.......?????
Old 01-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
I play with Lionel trains which are 1:??
Old 01-22-2018, 07:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
I play with Lionel trains which are 1:?? 45? 48? 42? 43? 50? All are interchangeable in Lionelville! lol
Old 01-23-2018, 02:15 AM

Re: Lionel - I am assuming you're talking about the O-scale Lionel trains - which are 1/4 inch (1/48th) scale coarse wheeled Standard gauge models. I haven't seen Lionel products "in the flesh" for a long time. The set I had as a kid some 55 years ago was a lovely pressed-metal, very heavy train running on O-gauge track and it had a beautiful authentic-sounding whistle located in the tender. As I was only about 9 years old then and I'm in my late 60s now, I can't remember much more about it than that. If I still had that set now it would be worth a fortune!
Old 01-23-2018, 02:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.55 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut 'n' paste View Post
Hi all.
Now - Here's a teaser for you. There are a lot of designations for scales and gauges in railway modelling, both standard and narrow gauge. For instance, "HOe" refers to HO-scale (1/87th) narrow gauge trains on 9mm N-gauge track (similar to the British OO-9), and "Oe" is O-scale (European, 1/45th) narrow gauge for 16.5mm (HO) track (similar to the British O-16.5). But what can we call O scale (1/45th or 1/48th or 1/43.5th) running on TT (12mm) track? I've not found anything about this scale/gauge combination, though I have some paper models for just that scale/gauge combination, representing real prototype 540mm gauge! I'm provisionally calling it "Oe-12" for 1/45th scale, and O-12 for 1/43.5th, but do you know a correct term.......?????
The gauge for 600mm narrow-gauge railways in 1:45 scale is called 0f (like for 1:87 it's H0f).
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLp85 View Post
The gauge for 600mm narrow-gauge railways in 1:45 scale is called 0f (like for 1:87 it's H0f).
Oh, thanks, Sebastian! I had looked on Wikipedia here and here - amongst other places, but no-one had mentioned that. It is obvious, really, since the "f" refers to "Feldbahn-style 2 ft and 600 mm gauge railways". I notice that "O-12" is listed for British-outline O scale on 12mm track, though, so I was partly right!

Anyway, cheers for that.