PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 09-05-2016, 05:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Looks good.
To slow down the video click on the gear icon then select a slower speed in the menu. There is a 1/2 speed and a 1/4 speed choice.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.25 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear David:
I give up,,,, What train scale are you using? I think that it is bigger than HO but is not G scale.
Thanks,
Miles
It is OO which is 1/76 rather than 1/87 but still runs on 16.5mm track. It all started in the UK in the 1930 when models of British locos with there smaller loading gauge would not take the motors then available. So instead of 3.5mm to 1 foot they went for 4mm to one foot and the motors fitted. Ever since UK made models are 00 scale of 1/76, but still on 16.5mm track. No one seems to mind, even the rivet counters are happy with the 'narrow' gauge. Of course there is a scratch group called EM and Proto4 who use either 18mm or 18.82mm track which is accurate to the original.

00 is actually nearer 4' track in scale. As far as I am aware the only 4' railway in the UK at least is the Glasgow Subway. There were 4' gauge tramways in the UK, my long gone local system was 4' gauge. All have long gone.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.25 MB
Thanks for the positive comments. I have taken on board the speed issue and if I cannot slow the train I certainly can the video!! Isn't technology wonderful.

I actually have three trains under construction. Each of three cars. As far as I am concerned they are freelance to fit the chassis. However I was watching a film, I think it was meant to be New York and there was an overhead line in the background where the coaches, or cars seemed to be shorter than normal mainline rolling stock. Obviously better for urban lines with tight curves.

David
Old 10-02-2016, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.64 MB
Thats pretty creative!