PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 12-03-2017, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.82 MB
Alternative music version:

https://youtu.be/1tG5Y8Ze6d0
Old 12-04-2017, 12:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
That is really a fantastic layout (and video)! It makes me really miss my Christmas Village that I have not reassembled for the last 2 years. Mine was not in your league. There were no hand made features other than landscape. The buildings were all Snow Village and the vehicles and other details were all store bought "O" gauge compatible.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:37 PM

Ever been to the Classic Toy Trains forum? Toy train operating and collecting - Classic Toy Trains Magazine We love to see all kinds of layout photos!
Old 12-04-2017, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the link. I will visit the site.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:45 PM

This is the second of my 3 Christmas train layouts (Disneyland, Postwar and Prewar). The first 30 seconds of it feature a stop motion chase scene of a reproduction Lionel Wartime Freight Train, also known as the "Paper Train". It got that name because war production board restrictions prevented Lionel and other toy manufacturers from using steel during WWII, So Lionel turned to a cereal box and premiums manufacturer to have some of their prewar trains reproduced as heavy cardstock kits that kids could assemble and play with. Originals in unassembled condition are rare and pricey, so in the late 80's Greenberg Publishing reproduced the Paper Train so modern collectors could have a crack at building one. Other than the Paper Train there aren't any paper models in this video. But there is 5 minutes of postwar Lionel and American Flyer action with a bit of animation and other nonsense thrown in for good measure.

Oh, and the Doctor has a hair raising experience too! Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKnah0pIz9U
Google Adsense
Old 12-06-2017, 07:13 PM

That is a fantastic video!! I took your advice and joined the rail forum. Thanks, again.

John
Old 12-07-2017, 06:33 PM

We have a lot of fun over there!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:30 PM

Santy Claus brought me a new Sony Cybershot and I've been having fun learning how to use it!

First time I've had a lens that could get the whole layout without me having to go outside in the deep freeze and shoot through a window!

I can mess with the color saturation and get more artsy photos too:

My 4 year old second cousin was over on Saturday and he called this the "shark tooth tree". And here I thought it was Charlie Brown's kite-eating tree!

Night photos are better too:

For comparison, the photo above was taken with the new Sony DSC-H300 while the photo below was taken in November using my Fuji FinePix S5000:

The Fuji was certainly a good camera, but there's no denying that technology has come a long way since 2003.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Becky, these are the best pictures I've seen yet of Disneyland. Much better detail and appreciation of the labor of love that it is. Thanks so much to Santa and to you for posting the pics.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That new camera reallys shows how good your layout looks. Those are some real good overall and closeup photos.
Google Adsense