PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 05-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Liked the Tejas Express coach myself.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Eternal Member

Are the prototype coaches close-coupled with vestibules on either end? Just wondering.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.61 GB
And which test build?
Old 05-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Vestibules?
By the way, Elliott, it's 10.20pm here, so time to sleep!☺️
Old 05-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Eternal Member

Test build #5 for me.
Vestibules are the accordion-pleated covers that mate together between coaches. They cover the platform walkways from coach to coach and allow safe(r) passage between coaches. I'm sure there's a better explanation around. Kevin? Don?
Google Adsense
Old 05-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
I think that your explanation is clear enough Elliot¡

In other English speaking countries vestibules are also called "corridor connections" and "gangway connections".

Vestibule is the term used in India as well.

Indian Railways do have some general rules regarding these, and advise as follows....

"Vestibules......

- Help the Pantry Car staff to reach both ends of the rake
- In case of stops with smaller duration, vestibule coaches are advantageous as the passenger can board coach and can reach his coach/berth.
- Vestibules are not provided to the coaches at the end.
- Vestibules are not provided to the last coach of each class, to curb the movement between the coaches of different classes to avoid misuse.
- There may not be a vestibule between S1(Sleeper coach) and B1/A1(2AC and 3AC) coaches, to avoid unauthorized access.
- Vestibules are never provided to any Unreserved, SLR and Chair Car coaches
- In all trains the UR coaches are not connected to the other coaches of the train by vestibules, to prevent passengers holding unreserved tickets from entering reserved coaches.
- AC First Class and AC 2 tier coaches vestibules are closed during night time from other coaches of the train, to prevent unauthorised passengers entering AC class coaches."

All Shatabdis, Duranto and Rajdhani trains have vestibules.

Last edited by Kevin WS; 05-04-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Eternal Member

For those interested in the Indian Railways train classes I will try and explain these. There are 10 classes I know of, but there could be a few more!

Here we go...........

Unreserved General Class (UR) - wooden benches, free for all. Cheapest.

Second Class (2S) - reserved. Also called "Second Sitting". Three seats either side of an aisle. Non reclining.

Sleeper Class (SL) - carriages are divided into open-plan compartments with six beds in each, stacked vertically in three tiers on either side. During the day, the middle beds must be folded down flat against the compartment walls to allow passengers to sit on the lower beds. Two tiers of beds are also located outside the compartments, along the aisle.

Three Tier Air Conditioned Class (3AC) - as per SL above. But air-conditioned and bedding supplied.

Two Tier Air Conditioned Class (2AC) - as per 3AC above. But only two tiers of beds, us berths have privacy curtains.

First Class Air Conditioned (1AC) - compartments have lockable doors, carpeting and either two or four beds, stacked vertically in tiers. Costs about the same as flying!

Executive Air Conditioned Chair Car (1A) - only on Shatabdi and selected Duronto Express trains. Carriages have only two seats on each side of the aisle. Railway version of airline business class!

Air Conditioned Chair Car (CC) - three seats on one side of the aisle, and two on the other.

Second Class Jan Shatabdi (CC ) - unlike normal Shatabdi Express premium trains, the Jan Shatabdi is a budget "people's" train. CC class has three seats either side of the aisle. Seats recline.

Second Class Jan Shatabdi (2S) - non air conditioned. Unlike 2S on other trains, there are no bench seats. All are padded, individual seats. However, they do not recline. Three seats either side of the aisles again.

Phew!

Last edited by Kevin WS; 05-04-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:03 AM

Your definitions are exactly correct, Kevin.
Jan here means people.
There are also deen dayalu coaches, which are totally unreserved.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Test build #5 for me.
Vestibules are the accordion-pleated covers that mate together between coaches. They cover the platform walkways from coach to coach and allow safe(r) passage between coaches. I'm sure there's a better explanation around. Kevin? Don?
Ooh, you mean the gangways? No, they didn't have it, and I don't want to build them, although if you want, I can design it easily.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:00 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks Aero. Are these coaches still restricted to the Antandoya or are they appearing on other trains now?

Do the deen dayalu replace the UR coaches when used?