PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 07-14-2021, 02:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.07 MB
Smile North American locomotive model MKT SD40 603 Papercraft

Dear All,

Completed building North American locomotive model MKT SD40 603 papercraft model. Actually colours are sooo good to see in small size I loved this diesel locomotive.
I wish that you will enjoy watching the train too.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
North American locomotive model MKT SD40 603 Papercraft-picsart_07-13-08.54.33.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-14-2021, 03:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
My brain is conflicted - on the one hand I get that this is a simple and easy model, but on the other hand I am well familiar with what a MKT SD40 looks like and the simple and easy full-width hoods look very odd compared to the real deal, RailPictures.Net Photo: MKT 602 Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railroad (Katy) EMD SD40-2 at Ottumwa, Iowa by FJ Grizel

(as it happens, I live in a town the MKT used to run through, the depot still remains and is used by the chamber of commerce and a bicycle shop; & across the river is where they used to have a yard, turntable is still there but mostly overgrown)
Old 07-14-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post
My brain is conflicted - on the one hand I get that this is a simple and easy model, but on the other hand I am well familiar with what a MKT SD40 looks like and the simple and easy full-width hoods look very odd compared to the real deal, RailPictures.Net Photo: MKT 602 Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railroad (Katy) EMD SD40-2 at Ottumwa, Iowa by FJ Grizel

(as it happens, I live in a town the MKT used to run through, the depot still remains and is used by the chamber of commerce and a bicycle shop; & across the river is where they used to have a yard, turntable is still there but mostly overgrown)
Hi the website was good. But seen pictures the rail number was 602 is that 602&603 have same hood size
Old 07-14-2021, 08:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post

Do you ever wander the trail? In our neck of the woods they are still trying to hook the Rock Island right of way into the Katy Trail system

Priya, the design flaw isn't your fault. Unless you were familiar with these, you wouldn't know that the nose is incorrect.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Do you ever wander the trail? In our neck of the woods they are still trying to hook the Rock Island right of way into the Katy Trail system

Priya, the design flaw isn't your fault. Unless you were familiar with these, you wouldn't know that the nose is incorrect.
Yes vermi you are absolutely right... I will correct it next time for sure ...thank you helping out with these images.
Google Adsense
Old 07-14-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Do you ever wander the trail?
No; my health is a mess with several different neurological, endocrine, mitochondrial, musculoskeletal, things going on and making it so that my days of walking, hiking, wandering, have been over for a few years.
Same has also negatively impacted my model making.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Sorry to hear that. Later this month I am going to be having a birthday party for my grandson in Windsor, Missouri. The park there has one of those lakes where it was cheaper for the railroad to run the tracks over a dam rather than build a bridge. I think our shelter house abuts the trail
Old 07-14-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I think our shelter house abuts the trail
Looking at it on Google Maps the park is small enough that could pretty much be said about any of the 3 shelters on NE side of lake!
Nice looking park.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 64.60 MB
Mkt

Possible de rendre plus réel , avec un peut de patience on peut redessiné sur une base RXR ( Pour utilisation personnelle ) bien sur ... en utilisant quelques images , on obtient de bon résultat comme les 2 version de SD40-2 ci joint
Attached Thumbnails
North American locomotive model MKT SD40 603 Papercraft-mkt1.jpg   North American locomotive model MKT SD40 603 Papercraft-mkt2.jpg   North American locomotive model MKT SD40 603 Papercraft-mkt3.jpg  

Tags
paper train, papercraft, usa