PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 09-11-2018, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Main Street Travel Problems

For the past year or so, I have been getting complaints about the apparent lack of progress on the '1900's Block Party' building program (reference: 'My Builds' in the architectural forum). The vast majority of these complaints (in fact, ALL of them) have come from the residents, builders and business leaders of said building project. Having a few homes and businesses, they now demand a way to get around other then their own feet. They have some wagons, but no horses, as of yet (don't they realize that horses are high maintenance?).
The plan all along has been recreate the street car system that New Albany once could boast about. After a diligent search for the appropriate vehicles (used of course), I came to the conclusion that any such conveyance would have to be home built (for now, anyway).
So, here are some of the trolleys and streetcars that will transport the population of paper New Albany around the workroom (and hopefully quiet the protests on my work bench).
Main Street Travel Problems-na-trolleys-9-11-2018-009.jpgMain Street Travel Problems-na-trolleys-9-11-2018-001.jpgMain Street Travel Problems-na-trolleys-9-11-2018-002.jpgMain Street Travel Problems-na-trolleys-9-11-2018-003.jpgMain Street Travel Problems-na-trolleys-9-11-2018-006.jpg
You can see the exuberance displayed by some of the animated (if not colorful) residents as they greet the new additions to the block. Now, maybe, they will let me get a little rest!

Have a Great Day!
George
Google Adsense
Old 09-11-2018, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Nicely done, sir
Old 09-11-2018, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Looks good, wish there were some 1/25 versions available.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
You had me going for a moment there George. Glad to see this project is still alive. Always great to see a post from you.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:56 PM

Thank You VK, Whulsey & elliott! The work situation has taken a strange, but more fruitful (for me anyway) turn. Time to model is hard to come by most days. I had been playing around with a trolley shell design for a diner the past several years. Decided that I needed some streetcars to go in front of the buildings as they are finished, and eventually mounted on a board. Again, I spent a lot of hours at the library's local history room to come up with a design that would pass for NAs old trolleys. I'm glad you enjoyed them!
Have a Good evening everyone!
George
Google Adsense
Old 09-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Have you considered mounting these on model railroad chassis? It would be cool having these little guys trundling up Main Street in front of your buildings
Old 09-11-2018, 06:09 PM

Hey VK.
Yes I have. I've got a couple of those cheap tyco industrial locos from the 70s somewhere upstairs. I think that would almost be the right size for a small single truck streetcar. Maybe I'll get a chance to go looking for them in a couple of weeks. Then I'd have to learn how to post videos somewhere so you can see them!
George