PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 10-21-2018, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Kurt Fehling's locomotives

Inspired by the Flying Merkel vintage motor cycle thread I decided to try and trace designer/publisher Kurt Fehling. Up to about ten years ago some of his very special designs were available via Moduni in Germany - no longer with us. I found him within a few days (even though he is not on the internet at all), wrote a (snail mail) letter and got an immediate and very kind reaction - yes, his models are still available, and I am adding them now my to my website zeistbouwplaten.nl, page Transport, special page Kurt Fehling.

They used to be printed on coloured paper - which made for the very special atmosphere of a finished model.
Just a few pictures here: the Flying Merkel, the Glaskasten, the large IVh Bayern locomotive and the Steam Tractor. There are nine models available in all. Prices and more pictures on my site.

The USA steam Tractor is not yet available - please mail or pm me if you are interested: I am hoping a good number of reactions will stimulate Mr Fehling to finish this, too!

Any orders via my website, or by pm here.
Attached Thumbnails
Kurt Fehling's locomotives-fehlingmerkel.jpg   Kurt Fehling's locomotives-glaskasten.jpg   Kurt Fehling's locomotives-ivh-lok..jpg   Kurt Fehling's locomotives-dampf-tractor-usa.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-27-2018, 06:40 AM

Glad to inform you that these very special kits will be arriving mid to late January - I have been on the phone with Mr Fehling. He is 86, and in good health, but things take time - he does not have computer... Contact me for any orders!
Old 01-14-2019, 05:20 AM

Things are on the rails: my first parcel from Mr Fehling has come in promptly. So if anyone hesitated: go ahead. I will send my next order to Mr Fehling coming Thursday January 17, so please contact me via mail or pm if you wish to order something. They are very much worth their very reasonable prices!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:31 AM

Delighted to tell you that Mr Fehling (at 86 definitely a senior designer), has reacted to my request to finish his model of the Steamtractor 'Old Dina'. Look it up on Google images - very interesting. It was used to replace a twenty mule train to transport borax from the mine to the nearest railway station - 165 miles away.
It is highly unusual: a vertical steam engine, with a watertank in front of it. Only one was ever built - it cannot have been a great success. But definitely a very unusual model.
Available only via my website zeistbouwplaten.nl, >transport, page Kurt Fehling.
Please note: printed copies only, because it is printed on coloured paper. So scanning is impossible.
Attached Thumbnails
Kurt Fehling's locomotives-old-dinah-midden.jpg   Kurt Fehling's locomotives-old-dinah-back-midden.jpg   Kurt Fehling's locomotives-old-dinah.jpg