PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 05-28-2020, 12:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.66 MB
I think I have everything up to date now, I might have a few more photos for the gallery when I can find them.
I have a blog page on it as well where I can put up tips etc. as I discover them. I will try not to put posts up too often.
I might put up prototype information for the various sets when I have sorted through some of the conflicting facts that are on line for some of them. I do have some photos that might be relavent as well.
I could be able to get back to some modelling soon!

Robin
Old 07-02-2020, 04:29 PM

Just added a "History" page to my website so that I can gradually add some of my photos of prototypes of my models etc. and tell a bit of the history of our part of the paper modelling scene.

Robin
Old 07-03-2020, 12:00 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thanks for the update Robin!

Looking good.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:00 PM

All the 8 current Millimodels are back on eBay after a couple of weeks gap. I have had to revise them all as I am using a new printing process and had to adjust colours here and there.
I took the opportunity to add representations of couplings, vaccuum pipes and steam pipes, where appropriate, for anyone who can use them! It's probably better to use wire if you are that devoted to fine detail.
The price has risen slightly as postage rates have risen and I want to make it a worldwide constant price to include postage. There will be the probability of extra customs fees from some countries.

Robin
Old 04-10-2021, 11:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 542.99 MB
Good day Robin, Have you given sending models by email after payment received a thought, I recently bought a kit from you but it took 14 weeks to arrive by post.
Owen
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2021, 09:17 AM
Eternal Member

Owen - last time I asked Robin this he said no, but maybe he will reconsider. I really hope so! He would sell a stack more kits if he did offer downloads.

In all events with the postal service as it is, there is no point my buying any physical model until I can find someone coming from Europe - which is unlikely right now! I actually also want an Halinski and JSC model as well - alas the same story. This side of the country, a courier is now the only thing that works and it is too expensive for a paper model. AND DONT USE DHL - they lost my last two parcels here.

If I have someone coming I will let you know in advance and you can "piggyback" the arrangement.

------------------------------

At least there are all the downloadable suppliers - E-Card models, Johan Scherft, Emil Zarjkov, Dave Winfield and many others.

In the past, I have also asked a couple of the "print-only" suppliers if they would do a downable model for me, and surprisingly out of the 4 I asked, 2 did oblige!

So Owen, it is worth always asking.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The explanations from suppliers for not going download I have had, are as follows and fall into two categories only:

a) It cannot be guaranteed that I will print the model in the right colour shade! I don't get this - I am going to make the model, and scale colour is something that is always an issue anyway. Printer colour output can be adjusted. Why would they worry about this?

(See my post on Scale Colour here Owen - Scale Model Colours).

2. Downloadable models encourage piracy - again something I don't get. In fact, a printed model is easy to scan accurately and, voila, a downloadable model for pirating.

In the case of one manufacturer, to prove a point, I searched the web and found most of his kits had been pirated, but even after I gave them sites with the proof etc they still would not facilitate downloads. I believe in supporting the manufacturers so will not download pirated kits, but many others I am sure do, leading to loss of revenue.
Old 04-11-2021, 11:42 PM

Thanks for the info Kevin, I bought "The Oregon Pony " from ECard yesterday thinking that it would arrive in my mailbox, which it has not, perhaps because it was the weekend.
Will keep in touch.
Owen
Old 04-12-2021, 03:24 AM

I'm sure there are great advantages to living in South Africa, but the Postal Service obviously isn't one of them!

I am unable to sell Millimodels in electronic form as I have marketed this range as limited edition signed prints of my orginal artwork. To change this would be to renege on my contract with previous buyers.

However, I am giving thought to a future range of models, to be supplied electonically. I will post here and on my website once I am progressing with this.

I am also open to any offers of exclusive commissions from individual sponsors, though the price of such woud need to reflect the 100+ hours work that I put in on each model.

The digital art world and intellectual property rights are a bit of a minefield at the moment. I have friends who work in fine art so I will see how they get on.

Robin
Old 04-12-2021, 09:58 AM
Eternal Member

Thank you for your response, Robin. Appreciated - I fully understand.

The postal service here is xxxx. It doesn't exist really! So I will have to hang on (I think I am missing 4 of your kits) until someone comes here or I come there.

-------------------

Interested to see you are giving electronic models some thought.

Good luck with everything going forward!

-
Old 04-12-2021, 09:53 PM

Thanks Robin for the reply.
Owen
Google Adsense