PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 08-31-2022, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A small train from Modelik.

I must recognize that some time has passed since my last forum participation. The reason for such a long absence is 100% to my fault: sheer laziness to participate in the forum, as writing posts takes time. Thankfully, that laziness didn’t extend to kit assembling itself (much the opposite, indeed) and the result is that I have a huge number of pictures available to post. The not so good news is that the posts will occur much after the construction. I hope it will not be a real problem, as my memory about what happened during the assembly is not too bad. The pictures will be posted in the sequence they were taken and don’t be surprised if the assembly path is not always very linear…
You may remember that my preferred assembly methods are very basic. I stick to what comes in the kits and only paint the cut and fold edges, almost invariably with pens. In the case of train kits, I use to add rivets, simply cut on suitably colored thick paper, as painting the edges of a zillion rivets would be too much for my patience.
The subject of this thread is a complete train published by Modelik in 2003. It includes a tiny steam locomotive, two different cargo wagons and two passenger cars. I bought a copy of the original kit many years ago but the very sketchy instruction drawings and (mainly…) other kits prevented this one from reaching my workbench earlier.
As you can see in the pictures, the kit includes 15 A3 pages. I counted 1738 parts.
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c001.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c002.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c003.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c004.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c005.jpg  

A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c006.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-01-2022, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hey Ricardo, good you're back on the forum again. Was wondering what had happened to you.... Good that you have been building all along and that you are sharing your work.

Cheers,
Erik

PS Remember the Dauntless? I've finally started this one a few months ago....
Old 09-01-2022, 09:25 AM

Hello Erik! I had already spotted your Dauntless thread It is still active, right? The last post appears to be dated from April You may find it funny to know that I'm busy with that kit since late July...

I started with the cargo wagons, which have equal chassis and wheels. The wagon floors are simple. I added some internal tabs, formers and spacers to ease assembly and prevent warping.
Note that the wheel support emplacements are marked in different positions. The correct axle distance is in the parts with the number 5 printed. I only discovered that when assembling the suspensions and it was necessary to make a correction.
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c007.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c008.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c009.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c010.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c011.jpg  

Old 09-01-2022, 03:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Ricardo, it’s great to see you back.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
Hello Erik! I had already spotted your Dauntless thread It is still active, right? The last post appears to be dated from April You may find it funny to know that I'm busy with that kit since late July...
Yes sir, it is still very much active. Took a break because of the summer holidays but have resumed and will post again in a few days time. Great to hear you have also started this build. Look forward to seeing a thread at some point in time.... It's a wonderfully designed model.

Erik
Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2022, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
looking good Ricleite good to see you back.

Old 09-02-2022, 09:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Hot Digity! Ricardo is back. Sweet. This will be fun.

Dan
Old 09-05-2022, 07:35 AM

@ Fred, David and Dan – thanks for the “welcome back”. Much appreciated

@ Erik – well, a Dauntless thread may come but surely not soon. I intend to prepare other aviation subjects before, and there are some train and architecture subjects waiting, too…

The leaf springs were easy to assemble. Note the small paper rolls. They were very useful to shape the longer part’s extremities. The wheels kept me puzzled for a while. Quite obviously, all the vehicle’s gauge must be the same and it is firmly fixed by the locomotive assembly, apart from being written on the instructions. However, it means that the central wheel part must be in line with the flange, and not somewhere in the middle of the rolling surface. Be sure to check this out, if you intend to assemble this kit!
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c012.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c013.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c014.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c015.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c016.jpg  

Old 09-06-2022, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 912.84 MB
Hi Ricardo. Great to know about you again. I used to follow you here and in the spanish fòrum.
Old 09-06-2022, 07:37 AM

Thanks, Ciuttso Glad to have you looking at my threads again.
The pictures show the suspension assembly sequence. It would not be feasible with the shorter axle distance printed in the frame, as stated before.
Attached Thumbnails
A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c017.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c018.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c019.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c020.jpg   A small train from Modelik.-bn2t-c021.jpg  

Google Adsense

Tags
1/25 scale, bn2t, modelik