PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 06-28-2019, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 542.99 MB
Erik, it looks very nice, good curves
Owen
Old 06-29-2019, 08:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Echt prachtig!

Love the most recent photo! I can almost smell the engine. Brilliant shaping.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 558.93 MB
Beautiful!

Once the design is finalized, is there any chance of it being available in other railroad paint schemes, or as a blank that could be recolored? I can see a lot of possibilities with this for both railroad enthusiasts in general as well as paper modelers.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoldover View Post
Beautiful!

Once the design is finalized, is there any chance of it being available in other railroad paint schemes, or as a blank that could be recolored? I can see a lot of possibilities with this for both railroad enthusiasts in general as well as paper modelers.
Yes. We are already thinking of an Alaska railroad colour scheme, and others are of course possible - send me a pm. It cannot be free - you will have begun to realise how much time my designer Cor has been putting into this...
Old 06-30-2019, 08:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Finishing the internals

Thank you all again for your reactions, I'm honored! It's definitely a fun project, especially the many conversations with designer Cor van Haasteren have been very fruitful and pleasant up so far. It's going to be a great kit, that's for sure.

The original design calls for building in the internals in one go, which is very difficult, if not impossible, because one needs to work very fast and accurate at the same time, before the applied glue has dried too much, thereby checking and correcting for proper alignment continuously.

The answer to this challenge is in fact quite simple: Divide the engine and engineers cab section into three and build them in one by one. So I cut the engine section into two and separated the cab. Also I reinforced the floor section of the cab to something like a box and decided to have all internal parts already installed (the up so far left out heater and instrument panels).

Installation is then rather simple, although some corrections to the formers are required due to the doubling of the body walls and roof. Also the front former at the cab needed some reshaping, but that's all been taken care of now in the final version of this model.

Started at the back end and then the middle section (front engine compartment). Unfortunately not much remains visible from the engine compartment and the steps to the cab from the engine room.

Before closing the cab, I installed the pulling rods for the horns on the roof, made from plastic spruce. Also glued the sun shield in place at the windows. A final check, cleaning of the windows and then the last section glued in place.

I almost forgot to take a picture of building in the cab section, so the last picture you see is a bit of a leap into the future as you may notice parts I haven't discussed yet....

A lot of dry-fitting was required to complete this major step in the build !

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0080.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0090.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0091.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0089.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0202.jpg  

F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0203.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0204.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0205.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0206.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0224.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 06-30-2019, 04:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
All the internal details, including the motor itself! What a beautiful feast. I will look forward to this as my first locomotive build in 25 years.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Rob: I will forward this to my designer Cor van Haasteren!
Old 07-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Some more progress

Goodday gents, and thank you once again for your continued interest, Diderick, papermodelfan, jamoldover, tramfan, richschindler and rickstef!

This week's progress concerns additional parts on the rear side and nose, such as doors, lights, train numbers and front skirt. Also I have been adding skin details, which are not included in the model, but which give the model a more interesting appearance. It takes a lot of time though and I have been adding the details on and off. It's a process that still continues.

The pictures show the works in a bit of random order but slowly by slowly the model turns into a "real" diesel engine. The first five are at the rear side. The second five show adding skin details (by using an additional print) and the last pictures show various details such as the battery box and fuel tanks and more or less completed front and rear sides.

Well, that's it for now.

Cheers,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0142.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0143.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0144.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0157.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0225.jpg  

F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0189.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0190.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0191.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0192.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0193.jpg  

F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0223.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0224.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0227.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0245.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0272.jpg  

F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0273.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0243.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0244.jpg   F7A Santa Fe Diesel Engine (O-scale)-img_0274.jpg  
Old 07-07-2019, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Simply wonderful work Erik!
Old 07-07-2019, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
Impressive Erik, good job!
Google Adsense

Tags
diesel engine, f7a, santa fe, zeist bouwplaten