PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 12-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's a nifty little locomotive, and your Autocad rendering shows excellent detail.

Don
Old 12-13-2019, 09:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Frame

This model was designed to accommodate the novice while not excluding all of the fine details that a more experienced modeler would appreciate.

A novice can assemble the bulk of the model using only the first 50 parts or so but that leaves an additional 350 parts for the rest of us, there is more than enough 2mm tubing and detail to keep even the most ardent modeler busy for awhile, there are a total of 398 parts on eight part sheets.

So, this model starts out pretty simple, just a series of rectangles but as it progresses, it gets increasingly more challenging.

Okay, let’s see if I can still do this, it starts out by assembling the two, side rails and three cross members, care has to be taken as there are two sets of receiving marks on the front and back ends of the rails, the front cross member has to be set on the second set of marks and the back cross member has to be set on the final set of marks to properly accommodate the corresponding bumper staves.

Care also has to be taken to assure that the proper staves are secured to the bumpers as the front and back bumper configurations differ.

Since time is a critical factor, I’ve made no attempt to color the edges.

At this stage, the model really is a lot of fun and goes together rather quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-img_1271.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-img_1277.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-img_1281.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-img_1287.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-img_1289.jpg  

The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-img_1291.jpg  
Old 12-13-2019, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 193.89 MB
Love it ! Will this be for sale on Ecards ? I am a big logging railraod freak and would love to build this !
Old 12-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Skid, it will be available soon on ecards, just waiting now as there are three pages of historical information included that is in the process of being reviewed by a third party but the model it's self is ready.. I'll post it here when it becomes available.. (shouldn't take too long)

Last edited by FRD; 12-13-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 193.89 MB
Awesome Cant wait to build this one ! Thank you
Google Adsense
Old 12-13-2019, 01:07 PM

present day

This is what it looks like today, stored in a climate controlled environment (image courtesy of Bernadette Murray-Macioce)
Attached Thumbnails
The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-02.jpg  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:56 PM

As a, "point of clarification", the reason that, "time is a critical factor", is because my primary objective is NOT to see how, "well" I can assemble these models but rather, my primary objective is to see how FAST I can assemble them! (as I really have other things that I'm supposed to be doing)... I'm certain that someone with more time and patience could easily build a much better model than I can...

Last edited by FRD; 12-13-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
History and modeling all wrapped up together, cool.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:20 AM

Frame bracing

From this point forward the frame is inverted so all of the below frame details can be added, first, the axle blocks are formed and added to the frame, then the frame bracing is doubled and cut out, note the 90 degree bend at the end of the diagonal bracing, these are then attached to the frame and axle blocks, this is where the yellow pin striping first becomes prevalent, the last two images show how the bracing attaches to the inside of the front and back bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-00.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-01.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-02.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-03.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-04.jpg  

The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-05.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-06.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-07.jpg  
Old 12-14-2019, 05:35 AM

Final touches

Next, the couplers are constructed, they are basically, "drop-pin" couplings, the strapping and hinges are added to the cinder hopper and both are then added to the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-01.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-02.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-03.jpg   The Oregon Pony  (a build thread)-04.jpg