PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 10-21-2021, 11:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
BeckyChestney, thank you for your encouraging comments. I was impressed by number of individual models in your Disneyland. It would have taken me several lifetimes to build that many models. I was saddened to learn that you could not take all of your models with you when you moved but am relieved to hear that they are now safe in someone’s collection. Look forward to seeing more of your work

Meanwhile, it took almost a week to finish the gravity discharge gate and the brake cylinder and triple valve. Next, the ladders and roof walk and hatches.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-6-gravity-discharge-gate-6126.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-7-brake-triple-valve.jpg  
Old 10-22-2021, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 80.02 MB
Hi, did you also already designed the grain elevator, which goes with your model of the dust collection system ???
Old 10-23-2021, 07:30 AM

All of the delicate parts were applied at the very end. I was worried about bending the side and end ladders out of shape while trying to glue them on. I even attached the trucks (boogies) to protect the discharge outlets so I wouldn’t squish them while trying to glue on the roof walks. If that didn’t work, plan B was to place the car its side and definitely not on the outlets. Fortunately, I had a foam rubber cradle which saved the day. But I still had to be careful not to break off the lift rings/jack points. And slowly but surely, this project finally got completed. As a way of giving back to the paper modeling community, I posted the patterns for both the ACF 2970 cu ft 2-bay Centerflow cover hopper and the Trail King 1033 cu ft pneumatic bulk trailer in the “trains and railway” section of the downloads for who ever wants it. For the rail car, I posted both undec (unpainted) and Great Northern Big Sky Blue livery.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-8-b-end-6137.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-9-end-6133.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-centerflow-trailer-6143.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-silo-diorama-6140.jpg  
Old 10-23-2021, 08:36 AM

Hi JohnMGD. Yes, I had designed a grain elevator based on the elevator that can be seen at Biggs Junction, Oregon along I-84. I wanted to model a wood crib elevator with annex that was typical along or near the Columbia River. You can see similar designs in Rufus and Nolin Oregon where the annex is attached to the elevator instead of being a detached structure with exposed connecting conveyors. In the attached photo, the Biggs Junction elevator actually has 2 annexes, where the second one is detached. The head house (cupola) at the top of the main bulding is also narrow and taller than those found elsewhere, even in Oregon. You can find a paper model of a Saskatoon elevator in PAPER MODEL PRAIRIE GRAIN ELEVATOR and plastic models by Walthers where the head house is noticeably lower and wider. Anyway, I can post the patterns if you want them or email them to you. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-grain-elevator-canada-cyclindrical-covered-hopper-sm.jpg   1/87 scale sand silos and elevator-biggs-junction-sm.jpg  
Old 10-29-2021, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 80.02 MB
Hello HJLYUEN,

Yes, could you please post the patterns for the Grain Elevator here, would appreciate it very much !! The download links in the website you gave in your thread above are not working, I get a 404 error message.
Google Adsense
Old 11-04-2021, 09:58 AM

Hallo JohnMGD. I posted the patterns for the grain elevator this morning in the Trains and Railways section. The patterns are printed on both US Legal and A4 size paper. If possible, I recommend printing the US legal size patterns on A3 paper. There will be some wasted paper when printing on A3 but there won't be a seam between the cupola and the main building when using the A4 patterns because the main building is too tall to fit on A4 paper.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:31 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Files have been approved
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-04-2021, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Sorry I'm late...

Impressive work there!

Re-reading the thread, I had to chuckle when you said "My sister-in-law once asked why didn't I just buy a plastic model".

Where's the fun in that?

Again, excellent work!

Glenn
Old 04-03-2022, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.27 GB
Thanks for posting the files they are great. I am working on filling up a midwestern RR town layout (Fort Madison IA) with appropriate buildings.
These will come in very handy

Many Thanks

David

aka Formerly Styrene
Old 04-03-2022, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Your details are amazing. Unbelievable work.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense