PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 03-23-2022, 04:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.92 MB
I'm loving the details that are starting to come to life. This will be one of those models that get better the longer you look at it.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.37 MB
Those stairs came out great! Looking forward to this model
Old 03-28-2022, 10:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Thanks everybody, I will get more pics up soon. The rear stairs are moreorless done and the floors have been painted. I've been procrastinating from the business of painting god knows how many squares on the carpets and making tens of identical seats by building a 757 last week, but the upside of that completion is that I now have some gloss varnish and two more grades of cardstock to work with. I'm thinking I'll cut out the seat shapes and make a jig to sand the tops to the right curvature.

The other thing I am wondering is how to glaze the lower windows. I didn't leave a lip as with the upper deck since this would have involved cutting through half the mount board. I'm thinking I will make some window surrounds that I can use very thin strips of double-sized tape to attach the glass to, since real public transport windows appear to be mounted this way (vs the older use of rubber seals). But that will require some precision cutting and sanding, and I've just printed off an A330 kit...
Old 03-28-2022, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Some pictures, as promised:

The control desk with screens, and the driver's seat:

The stairs painted and placed in position (not glued yet). Trying for a wood effect on the back panel.

I found it very helpful to print off figures of average male and female height to check everything against. Also made a 'wheelchair' cube. The formers will very likely be cut back further and glazed.