PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 08-28-2009, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Queensland Cane Train

Here is the first part of the narrow-gauge Queensland Cane Train set that I downloaded from Rail Heritage Image Album (Look for a pdf file marked "card models")
When I have done the trucks as well, I'll mount them on a diorama. I'd like to build a working model if I could find a suitable chassis to modify. It does print out to be very close to O-16.5 scale, so it's a possibility.

These photos show a lot of imperfections. I have yet to colour edges, and I may well re-do some of the extremely fiddly small parts.

Queensland Cane Train-loco-4.jpg Queensland Cane Train-loco-5.jpg Queensland Cane Train-loco-6.jpg

To be continued!

Graham
Google Adsense
Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Nice looking train engine.

I always do the edging right after I cut the parts out and before any glue up. I do the edging with the printed side facing away from me, that way if the coloring tool slips it will mark the back of the piece instead of the printed side. Learned to do that from experience. :o :D
Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Bookmarked. What a great find! Not just the card models but 30+ pages of drawings for all kinds of Australian buildings in the early 1900's Scratchbuilders heaven! Thanks!