PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Railway related builds

Old 03-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Been a busy week-end, bought a new 1911A1 and spent yesterday with it, then after church today had some time to complete the Lxd2 frame work. So far very happy w/how everything seems to be just falling into place. Appears Angraf done their homework for the frame assembly, hope everything else goes as well!:DRick
Attached Thumbnails
Angraf Lxd2-newrock1.jpg   Angraf Lxd2-lxd2-frame-completion-001.jpg   Angraf Lxd2-lxd2-frame-completion-002.jpg   Angraf Lxd2-lxd2-frame-completion-004.jpg   Angraf Lxd2-lxd2-frame-completion-006.jpg  

Old 03-07-2010, 04:05 PM

Hey pmbirner (Phil) where is the Ty-2 @! Need some company here on the Railway related builds! I want to see your work and how you build, not a finished Engine! Come on post a new build thread, thats what this Forum is all about my friend.Rick
Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 103.2 KB
Rick,
I think its the Germans who have the saying, "All beginnings are hard." I actually have taken some pictures of the kit and laser parts. I went to a hardware type store and had them specially mix paint to match the two main colors in the kit. I've gotten enough card to laminate peices. I've found different diameter wire. However, I've yet to make the first cut. When I do I'll really feel obligated to have to try and finish. My last completed model of the Orlik Jelcz W640 JS dump truck took me over 3 and a half years and it had only a third of the parts of this train. Like I said, "All beginnings are hard."

Good to see the sucesss on your framing.
Phil
Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 572.4 KB
Hí Rick, I found an another link.
Kartonist.de | Galerie | Diesellok Lxd2, Angraf, 1:25
Cheers.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Not sure if you're still working on this or how far you've got. I've been working on mine and found a big boo boo to warn you about. The floor of the cab is not long enough for the side walls. When you cut it out leave some extra (about 4-5 mm). Then color the areas on either side of the part 7 area and back from the front edge of the part 7 area on the floor also.

Greg
Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
More things to be aware of:

You will need additional copies of 31, 34, 34A, 34B, 34C. There are not enough of them printed in the book.

Greg
Old 10-30-2010, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 572.4 KB
One more link.A Polish site.
modelarstwo kartonowe, plastikowe ... :: Zobacz temat - [Relacja]Lokomotywa spalinowa w?skotorowa LXD2 /ANGRAF 1:25
Best regards, Zoli.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I've somehow overlooked this thread until now (probably the 12 pages of unread threads to go). Great looking little engine. Hope you're still working on it.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Has been some time since I posted on this wonderful Forum, and about this build. Funny that it was pointed out that the floor was not correct and I did discover this. I do still have the frame and had stopped working on. However, as life has away of going, I am now again ready to assume building given that I have limited model time with so may projects. So hopefully, soon you will see some new photos of this little engine resume.

Papercut
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM

Sadly this build is file 13. But that's what happens when you are not careful about where you put things for storage, moister is a monster for card models (mold). But keep watching, I still have a bug to build a locomotive, I see a E92 coming my way w/all the goodies.