PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 01-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Need some help with recoloring a Caudron G3... (and identifying the designer)

Hey all I need some help here. I wanted to design a plane that my wifes great uncle flew in WWI. Fitter helped me out and actually found a model of it here....

http://jtdigest.narod.ru/dig3_01/museum.htm

I want to get the designers permission to sell this model with the new paint job - If I cant find him I will just offer it up as a freebie.

I am also looking for someone to help me with the repaint. I know I cannot find what his plane looked like specifically but with more digging I think I found the symbol he possibly used on his planes in the Escadrille C11. I also dont know the color but we can go with one of the normal color schemes (or make up something interesting that could be plausible)

I would also like to get this colored with the Ecardmodels livery

So if anyone would fancy working a repaint for me let me know. I will follow up with some more info!

If someone wants to design a new one from scratch I wouldnt mind either - a little higher quality than this one

Anyone have ANY WWI books with more info about this plane (or any others in the Escadrille C11)?
Thanks
Chris
Old 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Design Admin

Re: Need some help with recoloring a Caudron G3... (and identifying the designer)

The image looks like the ones on this page
http://www.sbap.be/events/2008/wings0801/wings.htm

or on this puzzle box - I kinda like the puzzle box one that has the stripe going through it

Also attached are some pics of actual planes in museums....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg la-cocotte-cover.jpg (4.6 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpeg g3.jpeg (35.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpeg Rio_G3.jpeg (68.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.84 MB
Re: Need some help with recoloring a Caudron G3... (and identifying the designer)

hard to beleive people actually flew those!LOL

i would have to see waht kind of detailed drawings and pics there are before i would attempt one.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Design Admin

Re: Need some help with recoloring a Caudron G3... (and identifying the designer

ok - this one should be easier....

Sergey found this pic for me! It has him in the cockpit with the proper emblem on the side

He also found the plane type and number The number of Nieuport 11 is: 1313
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vuillemin.jpg (19.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB

Wasn't a Caudron G3 from DCM on Paperwarbirds site? Or it was a G4 ?

Anyway I've attached the 11th Escadrille de Chasse insignia an a profile of Willy Coppens Hanriot that was on the same squadron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66_5_a1.jpg (6.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg coppens4.jpg (16.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_010.jpg (39.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Design Admin

Re: Need some help with recoloring a Caudron G3... (and identifying the designer

Thanks!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0

Hi, Chris

I'm already customer to on your site but i just discover this forum.

I'm a French Modeler ( paper and plastic ), i'm also a webmaster for a French site of WWI plane models., i can help you about the G3, i've alredy begin the design one in 1/32 scale and to do that i've get the documentations availble in the French Museum of Le bourget ( 3 views draw, some details and the list of ALL docs about the G3 and G4 in the french museum ).

The First Thing is the 3 first Pictures you post , I think the second one isn't the true color maybe repaint after the war for some exibitions the roundel are very strange in this time english roundel have 3 colors not the yellow circle around ?????., the third one seem very near the real color of the G3.
i dont have any color pohto for the G3 but i found am amazing scratch build of the G.4 ( very near in therme of detail and color ) you can found here.
there is a beautiful monographie about the G.3 in Albatros Windsock Datafile collection with a lot of B&W Picture , 3 vies drawing and 2 or 3 profiles in them.

If i undertstand you want to recolor it with the color of C.11 french Escarille ? if it's true you can find informations about this escadrille ( sorry there are in french, but i can try to translate them in english ) here

So after that if i can help you in this job i try to do something for you, you can contact me.

P.S. I'm sorry for my english but French people don't be very good foreigners speeker.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Design Admin

Thanks! I missed this for a while cause of issues at work

I understood you just fine and would appreciate the help! If you prefer you can type in french and my wife can translate - she is from marseille

I will come check out the site tomorrow!
Thanks!
Chris
Old 02-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0

in what state are you in this project, i post in my Gallery the picture of the begining of mine
in my Gallery

i'm just begin to draw, the project is to make 2 or 3 Kind of G.3 and 2 G.4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caudron G 3_002_1.jpg (18.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Caudron G 3_001_1.jpg (16.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Design Admin

I have not found anyone to design this - until you! I will be watching closely! Can you link to your gallery/site here please? Updates here are much appreciated too!
Thanks!
p.s. I told my wife and it made her day