PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I've never quite been sure on how to view Michael Collins.
Patriot? Martyr? Visionary? Nationalist (as in Eire as a single nation)?
I do see him as a man ahead of his time in some ways.
I'm also at times inclined to view him in the same light as I view the American, Thomas Payne. An Honourable man, who, despite the odds, Believed Fully in the good in humanity.

Regardless my view: May Michael Collins Rest Honoured and Remembered, in Respected Peace.

Kind and Respectful Regards Doctormax my friend, Uyraell.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
I've never quite been sure on how to view Michael Collins.
Patriot? Martyr? Visionary? Nationalist (as in Eire as a single nation)?
I do see him as a man ahead of his time in some ways.
I'm also at times inclined to view him in the same light as I view the American, Thomas Payne. An Honourable man, who, despite the odds, Believed Fully in the good in humanity.

Regardless my view: May Michael Collins Rest Honoured and Remembered, in Respected Peace.

Kind and Respectful Regards Doctormax my friend, Uyraell.
Tommy Sands - There Were Roses - YouTube
Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Ringmaster, Many Thanks my friend for posting that link.
Not only did I greatly enjoy the track, it put me much in thought of my memories of the era it speaks of.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
I think some of these ended up serving in north afrika as well, Gallipoli maybe, but as a result may have been painted desert sand color? Has anyone seen any reference to this? Thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
It would seem crazy to make an armored vehicle out of a Rolls Royce, but they were so reliable, one wonders why did they not use more, if in a dire situation. Very cool pics, for sure!
Google Adsense
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
It would seem crazy to make an armored vehicle out of a Rolls Royce, but they were so reliable, one wonders why did they not use more, if in a dire situation. Very cool pics, for sure!
There was even the moon car that the IRA used there is do very little evidence of what they done to alter the car they seem to added some frame to fit two lewis machineguns to it and some steel to the back all that is known

Although hampered by incomplete records, long and extensive research has established the fact that the car in question was a Silver Ghost tourer, built some time between 1915 and 1920 and originally supplied to the family that owned the Clark Tobacco Company in Southern Ireland, who lived in the Macroom district of County Cork.

A thick steel plate was fitted to the rear passenger compartment, to which were bolted twin Lewis machine guns, and the bodywork was strengthened with armour plating. Its firepower and speed made it a serious force to be reckoned with. In sporadic raids against the military over a long period of time it was used almost entirely during the hours of darkness, thus earning its sobriquet ‘the Moon Car’, among those who observed it.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
See the article "The Moon Car" at the bottom of Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars - in fact the whole page will be of interest to many people. It includes the story of the cars that were landed at Gallipoli. That page and The Bulletproof Ghost explains why using the Silver Ghost chassis was a logical choice at the time.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Banned

Great Links LOOKER. I live about 60 miles from Bridgeport Ct. (as the bird flies) and have actually seen the Rolls Royces there.