PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Hallo Ruben!

I got the first 18 sides.
The parts lok verry good.
I especially like the rivets on the wings.
My printer did a good work.

Greetings
Adolf Pirling
Old 06-28-2012, 12:51 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
After seeing this thread from Paperhollywood;
Adam Savage on Using Pepakura, etc.
Check out the video, Adam Savage is mentioning Alan Rose; after that I dropped him a e-mail, about the matter that Alan Rose wants to give all his older artwork a safe place, and guess what? he replied, so see what happens..

here's the e-mail..

Thank you! He's a hero of mine.

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Billy Leliveld <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Adam,
i just happened to see an interview with you on Youtube about Peperkura and paper modeling.
I'm a art-director and set-designer here in Holland, but also a dedicated paper modeler , and a member here;Paper Modelers
On this forum I initiated a project to re-draw and publish again Alan Rose's 6ft wide half a DC3..
To do it right I pulled some strings to get in touch with mr Rose, and adventualy I did , to ask his permission , which he gave, when i called him.
In that phone call he mentioned that he want to "clean out", he still has all his original drawings of all his work and it should go somewhere, like a library or the Smithsonion or something.
He even suggested that i could pick it up, which is impossible, me at the other side of the pond.
But maybe you can do better then i can…
Here's his phone number , it is really a nice guy
Old 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Just printed mine too.. it's all over the place
Attached Thumbnails
The Alan Rose DC-3-img_2080.jpg   The Alan Rose DC-3-img_2082.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Location: Central Wisconsin - literally in the middle of the state.
Total Downloaded: 18.40 MB
This project is of particular interest, as there is a built-up of the model on display at our local airfield. For a long time, I wondered where I might get this model, the elderly gentleman that donated it not being able to remember where he got it.

This and a nice selection of some 50+ plastic models is displayed in the Terminal building of the Stevens Point Airport. Stevens Point is located just about dead-center in the middle of Wisconsin. The airfield is just East of
Interstate 39 and State Highway 66 exit.

North Central Airlines, later Republic Airlines, flew out of this field for many years. As a kid, I would dash out of the house to see the Convair 540s fly right over it. We were located some 3 miles from the East/West runway. I would almost surrender my First-Born for a large scale paper model of the Convair 540 in North Central or Republic markings

North Central information:
North Central Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If anyone is interested, I could link my Google+ folder containing the photos to a posting here. I do need to go back with my Digital SLR sometime and re-shoot the models at a better resolution, as the shots I currently have were done with a pocket camera.

Ric
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 42.01 MB
Minigamer1953, that picture is totally wonderful. It really makes me want to build the 6ft DC3.
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2012, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.40 MB
Wow this paper model is spreading to everyone!
So what happened to the other half? Is it still being repainted or is it not there
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pong17003 View Post
Wow this paper model is spreading to everyone!
So what happened to the other half? Is it still being repainted or is it not there
That is just a great question! LOL! The model was designed to mount on a wall. Only the forward half of the airplane comprised the model. there have been a few suggestions to finish the whole thing, but what a task that would be!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.40 MB
Sad. I was looking foward to putting one up in my livin room as part of the light fixture.
That would be huge though 6 by 7 feet?? That would take a while to build.
A dc-3 rc paper plane??
Old 06-30-2012, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
After seeing this thread from Paperhollywood;
Adam Savage on Using Pepakura, etc.
Check out the video, Adam Savage is mentioning Alan Rose; after that I dropped him a e-mail, about the matter that Alan Rose wants to give all his older artwork a safe place, and guess what? he replied, so see what happens..
Having the original artwork of this kit must be a dream. Unfortunately it was also impossible for me to think about getting it when I learned it was available.
It should go to a big fan of Alan Rose, DC-3s, or to a proper place to keep it safe and preserved for the future. If Adam Savage gets his hand on it, I think it will be fine, since he seems to respect Alan and his craft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigamer1953 View Post
If anyone is interested, I could link my Google+ folder containing the photos to a posting here. I do need to go back with my Digital SLR sometime and re-shoot the models at a better resolution, as the shots I currently have were done with a pocket camera.

Ric
I'm interested. It is always good to see more of this kit, and how it relates to people
You can link to the album, or upload the photos to this thread too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pong17003 View Post
The rear half was never designed. The kit was originally intended to look as coming out of the wall, or, as others have mentioned, as a "hunting trophy".
I think I read sometime ago that a person from this forum asked Mr. Rose a couple of years ago if he was going to design the rear part, and he said that he wasn't. And for anyone else to design it from scratch would be a huge task. It needs good designing skills.

Looks like Billy will start soon, and Adolf sent me his first comments about the digital parts. Meanwhile I'm working on some other parts.

Regards

Old 06-30-2012, 01:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
When this great model is released will the file be unlocked so we can recolor it?.....there are a few paint jobs that would look cool on it.......Rich