PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 10-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Well, Herky, i will finish the camou versions when my act is together again - still some months to go though before this happens.

Too much work to just abandon them, especially as the one also has a weathered version!
Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
Actually, you are wrong on several accounts.

* The kit is not 1/3. It is cut at almost exactly the half.

Red: where the Alan Rose kit is cut.
Green: where the exact half of the plane is.

* Several serious modellers and collectors, who have actually built and shown their skills here in the past with some memorable builds, have built this Alan Rose kit. Maybe you find this Alan Rose substandard to even bother downloading it, much less building it. As you surely must have found many kits not worth enough of building, since you have not shared even one of your (I believe) wonderful models with your great "serious modeler" skills.

* The Geli kit was nice when released... back in a time when the only other alternative of a DC-3 / Li-2 was the not so good Maly Modelarz kit. But the Geli is very far from being a good representation of a DC-3. And it is more "toy-like" than other modern kits. Actually, some of the Geli kits (not all, but certainly their DC-3) are to paper what Aurora kits were to plastic: simple curbside representations of the real subject, usually with significant mistakes, and more oriented to people who could not afford more expensive brands, or to kids who could not build more difficult kits. Some other Gelis are much better representing their subject. The recent SR-71 is awesome, a must buy for a real modeller. But certainly the Geli DC-3 can not be compared on equal terms with the FlyModel. They are beasts of a different kind and separated for several decades.

I only agree with you on the FlyModel. That is really a very good kit at 1/33 with a very good development of parts and very accurate proportions. More accurate than the Geli. But that's a late C-47, not a DC-3. Still, the FlyModel has some small mistakes only hardcore DC-3 fans would notice.

But sure, this is a free world (so far), and everyone is entitled to their opinion. And each is equally acceptable. Some people may think waterline kits of ships are an abomination and ships should be built full hull. But it so happens that some people also like to build waterline and are perfectly happy with that. But those are just opinions. And should be respected equally.

You have your thoughts, I have mine. You have your kits, and I have mine. And we're all happy.

But surely when you write so much incorrect facts it is necessary to correct them. Specially when I know the facts firsthand.

Kind regards,
Thanks for clearing up my mistakes. I don't say I am infallible and one of the nice things of forums is meeting nice people who have much more knowledge than others and are willing to share their valuable information. One if the nice things of modern technology.

It seems to me that you are a first hand authority on card modelling. Again, we are so super lucky in having you here.

Greetings from sunshine state.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPink65 View Post
It seems to me that you are a first hand authority on card modelling. Again, we are so super lucky in having you here.

Greetings from sunshine state.
Your perception may be wrong and surely nobody here thinks that.
I've never claimed I'm a first hand authority on card modelling. I'm the first to deny such and affirmation.

What I said was that I know facts first hand.

That's a totally different thing.

Regards, Eduardo.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
You are just being modest!!!
Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Well, Herky, i will finish the camou versions when my act is together again - still some months to go though before this happens.

Too much work to just abandon them, especially as the one also has a weathered version!
would be great if you did.would love to build them
Google Adsense
Old 10-13-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
I have been working on Rhodesian Airforce and South African Air Force camo versions - both pretty generic in terms of camo...
I'd also love to see those versions.
At one point I toyed with the idea of repainting in this scheme
of an old Colombian AC-47. But abandoned the idea as matching the cammo
is somehow difficult. But i may do it (some day) on the FlyModel kit.

Instead I repainted it in the "colors" of the old #667 here: Panoramio - Photo of Bogotá, Museo Fuerza Aérea - Aeropuerto Eldorado

And also made versions of active DC-3s in Colombia from Aliansa: Tragisches Ende einer Antiquität | aeroTELEGRAPH

And also from Sadelca: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/ph...-douglas-dc-3/

All those were for personal entertainment, and for a friend who works at the Villavicencio airport.
Attached Thumbnails
The Alan Rose DC-3-ac-47.jpg  

Old 10-13-2017, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Yes Ruben, the camo matching is where I am struggling. That's why it has taken so long.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
I have just started to build this model. I found a great build thread on this model.
DC – 3 Die digitale Version des von Alan Rose konstruierten Modells - Abgeschlossene Bauberichte - Luftfahrt - Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen
Old 10-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
great link to the build threads
Old 10-13-2017, 12:40 PM

Mr. Adolf Pirling was very helpful when we were working on this project.
He's a great person and a great modeller.

The build thread you found is his beta build of this very same digital restoration .
He shares very useful tips together with excellent photos.

Google Adsense