PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Recolors

Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow, Ruben, it looks like the whole trailing edge of the wing is cut off. That will mean having to do all the formers inside too. I like the plane as it is to be honest. If you make the rear section, it would allow for a different option for mounting thee plane, like sideways, or a 3/4 view. This is great! I'll be happy with whatever you and Billy come up with, you two make quite a team! And thanks to Mr. Allan Rose too!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
This is going to be a wonderful effort. I am thrilled that Mr. Rose was so accommodating. Ruben and Billy - we ought to have you take the turn as guest stars at our little East Coast IPMC one of these years! Cheers,
Old 02-18-2012, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle2 View Post
This is amazing, I repair furnaces for a living. I have dabbled in paper models, and a life time goal is to build the alan rose dc3 ( although until now I just knew it was "the big dc3") I was in a house today and noticed the guy was building a paper model of a boat. He said, "let me show you something" and took me into another room with one the DC-3s mounted on his wall..... I may not be a very serious paper modeler, but for at least twenty years I have dreamed of finding and building this....
Seaeagle2: thanks for joining this forum, and for your interest in this kit. Hopefully you will like the end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Wow, Ruben, it looks like the whole trailing edge of the wing is cut off. That will mean having to do all the formers inside too. I like the plane as it is to be honest. If you make the rear section, it would allow for a different option for mounting thee plane, like sideways, or a 3/4 view. This is great! I'll be happy with whatever you and Billy come up with, you two make quite a team! And thanks to Mr. Allan Rose too!
John: I think I will not make a rear section. My design skills are not that good. But in any case just the front section, as it is, is very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
This is going to be a wonderful effort. I am thrilled that Mr. Rose was so accommodating. Ruben and Billy - we ought to have you take the turn as guest stars at our little East Coast IPMC one of these years! Cheers,
Rob: this will be a huge labour indeed. And I thank you for your kind words, though it may be impossible for me to think about going to the U.S.A because the embassy already denied me the visa before.

In any case, it is nice to be in this community, and to be working and sharing with people all around the world.

I finished the digitalization of the black/white internal structural parts. Those pages were rather easy to do, since they are just boxes and formers without much detail (and without color). The really difficult part comes next, with the skin parts. I believe they will take much longer.

The Alan Rose DC-3-ar-dc-3-006.jpg

On a side note, Mr. Pirling has just started a thread at Kartonbau where he shows his builds of some of the kits designed by Alan Rose. even if you don't know German you can still enjoy the images here: Alan Rose ? Meine gebauten Modelle - Galerie Spezielle Interessen - Kartonbau.de - Alles rund ums Kartonmodell

Old 02-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Myself I vote for a complete aircraft, but i know that would be a LOT of work. Still it would be so cool to have a DC3 that BIG! Even if if you do it like the original it'll be fantastic to mount on the wall (oh wait my wife just might kill me). Maybe you could paint the rest of the plane on the wall and make it look like it's coming thru the wall?....Rich
Old 02-18-2012, 02:07 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Ruben just send me the first parts, we're in business , pictures tomorrow..
Google Adsense
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
John: I think I will not make a rear section. My design skills are not that good. But in any case just the front section, as it is, is very impressive.
I'd recommend letting people make their own rear-ends too!! It wouldn't be so hard and some of the recommendations that others have given in this thread would also apply to the wings. It's a great thing you are doing. If I had choice over who I would ever let someone into my country it would include you! I don't even know what's that's all about!! Actually I do, but wouldn't dear post it.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
POTW Editor

First part..
He, Zathros, I have the Lad&Dad Dakota, It's vector-based, so it shouldn't be too hard to blow it up, I just have to get my neighbor's permission to hang it on his wall
Attached Thumbnails
The Alan Rose DC-3-img_1440.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
I just have to get my neighbor's permission to hang it on his wall
Just do one in 1/1; keep the Alan rose part inside and the rest to the wall on the outside of your house, then the neighbours will have something to talk about and you might even get on the 8 o'clock news (but only if there isn't some prince/snow related news..)
Old 02-19-2012, 10:04 AM
POTW Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
I'll start saving some money then...
Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 AM
POTW Editor

Oh, btw these are the first original instruction;

Ready? take your seats, buckle up and get rid of that chintzy tray table, flyboy, You're going to need the dining room table for this job.
Google Adsense